Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 12:17:08 PM EDT
local6.com
Felon In Ankle Monitor Brings Guns To Range

POSTED: 1:54 pm EST February 1, 2006
UPDATED: 3:36 pm EST February 1, 2006

A 28-year-old convicted felon was arrested after workers at an Orlando gun range noticed he was wearing an ankle monitor while dropping off guns to be repaired, according to a police report.

Employees at the Oak Ridge Gun Range located at 632 West Oak Ridge Road in Orlando called police after Robert Martin dropped two weapons off to be repaired.

The workers said they noticed Martin was wearing an ankle monitor and were concerned.

An officer determined that Martin was a multiple-time convicted felon and was currently on home confinement for several open felony cases, the report said.

Sheriff's deputies arrested Martin and charged him with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon with more charges possible.

Martin was jailed on a no-bond status.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
HaHa.....I love stupid people.

Its good that they called it in, who knows what that guy could have been up too.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:57:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I wish they would've "repaired" the guns, self correcting problem.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#3]
They should have test fired the guns on this moron darwin candidate.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#4]
We used to get them at a Public Range, best thing was..they could not hit the target....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We used to get them at a Public Range, best thing was..they could not hit the target....

Thats not their fault, the sites are on the sites are on the wrong side of the damn gun
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I am associated with a local gun store and was in seeing my buddies when a couple of guys came in to rent a gun to shoot. Strong odor of marijuana and a wad of bills you couldn't get a rubber band around peeked my interest. I ran both subjects as they practiced in the range. Susp-1 had a prior felony conviction for dealing marijuana. ( Fed charge only and they seldom accept them) Susp-2 had four prior felonies to include Burglary which qualifies him as a serious violent felon.. He was also out on bond on a dealing case.. After the appropriate banning from the property I filed a warrant on him for a nice B-Felony. Man I bet this dirt bag wasn't planning on a non-suspendable 8 years when he got out of bed... The security video is greeeeaaaattt....... I figured you guys would get a laugh...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top