Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 8:07:45 PM EDT
Out of possable 250 pts I scored 247.  Also I will get an award at the end of the year for TOPSHOT.   I out shot the entire class after we averaged out all the scores.   We had one cadet dismissed from the school for being a manifest safety hazard.   He needed to go anyway.

The course of fire is as follows:
6 rds 50yards (Kneeling)
12 rds 25yards (standing)
18 rds 7yards (kneeling behind barricade.  6rds right side primary hand, 6ds above w/ primary hand, 6rds left w/support hand
15 rds 3yards "point of impact" shooting.  

Today was last day of the shooting part of the course.   It was hellava lot of fun.

For those wondering about pistols shot, I was issued a S&W P99(i tihnk)  9mm.  I wasnt really all that impressed with the weapon.  Mostly because of the location of the mag release.  Only about 4 of use were issued that weapon.  Everyone else was issued either a Glock 9mm or Glock .40cal.  The last day (today, thursday) we were allowed to use our own pistols.   I took out the Sig P220 .45  

Other than pistols, we shot the .12 ga. and the AR15A1!
.12ga slug 50 yards 3rds
.12ga slug 25 yards 2rds (kneeling)
.12ga 00 buck 5rds

Course of fire for AR15
10 rds from 50 yards.  

They issued me an AR15 slickside with A1 birdcage flashhider.    The weapon shot flawlessly!  I really wish they would have let me take pictures but they said they would not allow cameras.  

After all the qualifications were concluded, We were allowed to shoot anything we wanted to bring.  Other than my Sig P220, I brought my Bushy 16in LEO Carbine and Bushy 20in rifle.   They even let me bump fire   I bumped from the shoulder so the entire class thinks I have M16s laying around  The instructors were very cool with it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top