Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/25/2006 5:31:32 PM EDT
I was out driving on vacation with the family. I was speeding and got pulled over. Let me start by saying I was guilty and deserved the ticket. The only problem that I have is, they didn't tell me how much it would be. I asked the Officer that pulled me over, he said I'd have to call in. So I called, and they said they could not give me a price because the ticket was not in the computer.

What I want to know is this a common practice in many areas? In Indiana the Officer puts the fine amount on the ticket.

If I am placing this in the wrong forum please let me know.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:37:11 PM EDT
Our patrol division has an unwritten rule to try not tell citationee's their fine amount. We have high fines and have had to break out the ASP wuppin stick after the fines were told on the road side.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:41:00 PM EDT
In NYS the fine is determined by the court. NYS gives the court a low and high end for any particular infraction and the court decides what will be imposed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:42:37 PM EDT
It just so happens to be your fine State I got the ticket in. Whats 81mph in a 65mph cost these days? Why don't they tell you when you call in?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:43:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/25/2006 5:45:20 PM EDT by luxs]
P806

It just so happens to be your fine State I got the ticket in. Whats 81mph in a 65mph cost these
days? Why don't they tell you when you call in?

Sorry for the double post just got done driving 15hrs.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:48:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By luxs:
P806

It just so happens to be your fine State I got the ticket in. Whats 81mph in a 65mph cost these

Each court/jurisdiction is very different in Ga. Our court and PD will tell you exactly what the fine will be when you call. You probably expect to pay any where from $100 to $300 for that speed, if you don't want to contest it, that is. Then it might be 30 days in the box.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:57:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By P806:

P806

Each court/jurisdiction is very different in Ga. Our court and PD will tell you exactly what the fine will be when you call. You probably expect to pay any where from $100 to $300 for that speed, if you don't want to contest it, that is. Then it might be 30 days in the box.

It was Interstate 75, right when you enter Tifton. Whas that you at 715am this morning?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:16:25 PM EDT

P806

It was Interstate 75, right when you enter Tifton. Whas that you at 715am this morning?

Nope, wasn't me, I'm in central Ga and I haven't written a speeding ticket since 89. I'm a Sgt. over CID/Narc at my PD.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:23:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:46:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Striker:

Nope, wasn't me, I'm in central Ga and I haven't written a speeding ticket since 89. .

Any you call yourself a JBT!!!

Top Top