Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 7:30:32 AM EDT
Check out how close this brother came to being toast!  Hope he is okay! I work as a driver on a truck co.- we rotate 3mo. on eng. 3 mo. on truck. It is a lot of fun fighting fire, from atop the big stick, but not when this happens, they havn't shown it yet, coming up. wild scene!Look at his descent, I wonder if that is practiced, or just quick thinking. If you miss it, 2 ladder trucks are working over a large resturant  fire, he is on the top of the ladder, flames erupt all around him, he puts his legs over the rails, while sitting on the rungs, and slides about 20 ft, to escape the flames, it looked like he had his scba on, including mask and hood, so he probably got blistered, but looks like he would be okay. no word on his condition. Just said he only sustained minor injuries. If you get a chance watch it, the are showing it often.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, guilty of it myself, but have since become less stupid,older, and a little less bolder (Mo-wiser). We have a new 100ft. Bronto, with in bucket air, awesome rig. You never know when you may get covered with smoke or fire like that, no excuse for not wearing your ppe. Its heavy and a pain, but your life is worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top