Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 9:02:06 AM EDT
No more details at present; just heard it on the news at noon.

Will update.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Fingers crossed
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Update: Heard brief mention again.

Apparently, he was not killed.  Something about head/neck/back injuries sustained, but no word on condition grade at hospital (e.g. serious, critical, etc).

They also mentioned something about "open container," but I didn't hear if that was the driver he'd orignally pulled over, or the one who hit him.

Oh, and just as a pre-emptive defense, I couched "routine traffic stop" in quotes for a reason.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Update: The officer was pulling over a DWI suspect and was attempting to exit his cruiser when his vehicle was struck by, lo and behold, another DWI driver.

The driver who struck the officer was cited and arrested for: DWI, open container and driving w/o insurance.

The officer does have a wife and kids and, thankfully, will be released from the hospital shortly.

I know you've seen and heard this 1,000 different times and know it doesn't always have this "happy" () of an ending.  Stay safe, fellas.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#4]
That sort of thing scares the hell out of me.  Hope he makes a full recovery.

DWI's piss me off.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Finally, the newsies could be bothered for a short story: www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=4369675

All the focus lately has been on another set of skeletal remains found.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:09:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad to hear he is ok
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top