Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:27:07 AM EDT
There is an upsurge in the chaos in my usually quiet rural subdivision. 3 new families have bought homes in the past 2 months and now there are more than a few new male dogs. They are becomming more territorial and causing some problems chasing bikes, fighting, running up abd down my fence barking at my dogs. I think a nice stun baton with a 2 foot reach would be adequate to ward them off and teach them not to come around. Any experience with a good reliable brand?

Thanks
Lebrew
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:41:30 AM EDT
Leash law?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:20:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2006 3:55:33 PM EDT by NorCal_LEO]
<4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities We don't advocate crime here or anywhere on the site...NorCal_LEO>
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:37:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2006 3:56:58 PM EDT by NorCal_LEO]

Originally Posted By RDP:
<edit...NorCal_LEO>.

I bet the intelligent response get this thread locked............ That is a felony in most jurisdictions.
Pepper spray works fairly good on dogs and is cheaper...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:37:00 PM EDT
O.C. or taser?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:48:36 AM EDT
Pepperspray doesn't work on dogs. I've used it several times and they seemed think it was water I was using. You can get stun batons online or at gunshows. I think those would work better than spray. I don't see where using this would be illegal. Giving the dogs a chocolate bar or antifreeze is illegal.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:03:31 AM EDT
The post offices halt is pepper spray based. I have used oc dozens of time on dogs. Some takes a lot more than others. A lot of them just takes a quick squirt. Though I have been thinking about gettin a pepper ball gun for thise really aggresive ones. The only time using oc that it took a really lot was a 150 pound lab. I was using a blast grenade and i could see it running down inside of his mouth. 2nd blast he whent and whimered under a bush.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:22:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2006 3:01:33 PM EDT by lebrew]
I dont want to spray pepper, I dont want to shoot or crack the shull of the dogs that are getting in my yard. I just want so break up the dogfights that are happening before my dogs or anyone elses dog gets hurt. Something more substantial then a cattle prod seems to be in order.

Texas PC Sect 46.03 -I-
exception to the application of subsection A 6 ( in this case the baton would be a club, normally a prohibited weapon)
"at the actors residence place of employment or in a vehicle being driven on a public road".
I am not advocating breaking any laws. Ain't Texas great?

Lebrew

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:22:37 AM EDT
Go down to your local feed/tack store and buy a cattle prod.
Top Top