Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 9:40:06 PM EDT
Three men robbed two women as they were leaving a local mall, LEOs began a pursuit, that went about ten miles. The three men turned down a street that dead ended into a railroad embankment. Two of the three gave up at that point, the third ran across the tracks, and tried to roll under a slow moving train, he was run over at that point, amputating both legs below the knee, Leos said he tried to raise up,  the train then ran over his head, removing it from his body, above the lower jaw. His head, legs, and torso were approx. thirty yards apart. and you could still see the expression on his face. he appeared to be in his late teens. very ugly scene......, but a lesson in not running from LE. We later returned to the scene, because an officer had somehow become pinned between the suspects car, and a concrete wall, it seems the car started rolling on its on, and the officer happend to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, this happened well after the pursuit, the officer appears to be fine, just a little bruised, he was transported to the er, as a precaution. Its friday the 13th, and almost a full moon.. been one wild night so far!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear about the officer being pinned by the car.  Hope he comes out alright.

Fitting end for the criminal.  When a cop says stop, do it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
You did not blow chow did you?  Smelly?  Pics?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Hope the Officer is doing well.  Have pretty much no sympathy for criminals.  I guess we'll have to let his maker deal with him now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
No been around to long for that( blowing chow) hell, I came back to the station and had some leftover hash brown casserole. I wish I had my camera phone, it was pic worthy for sure. I hate it for the officer, but I think he will be fine, we treated and trans. He will be sore as shit thats for sure. and in true cop fashion, he kept saying, I,m alright, just let me up, but he really did need to be checked, possible enternal stuff, that won't show till later, better safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:04:07 PM EDT
[#5]
The other officers on scene, wanted to bring the scum bag's friends up to see what happened to their fellow gangster, but it didn't happen, I was dying to see the look on their faces when they saw their headless G!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear about the officer being pinned by the car.  Hope he comes out alright.

Totally agreed. BUT it reminds me of when teh brit cops shot the arab dude after running when told to stop.  TONS of people went after the cops for shooting a man that turned out to be guilty of nothing.  Again, When a cop says stop, do it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Totally agreed. BUT it reminds me of when teh brit cops shot the arab dude after running when told to stop.  TONS of people went after the cops for shooting a man that turned out to be guilty of nothing.  Again, When a cop says stop, do it.

He was Brazilian hence the problem, and they shot him five times in the head while down and being cuffed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]
This all happened in an industial area, so there was no crowd to witness, but I am sure, that the my baby wouldn't do that, he was a good kid, momma will be on the news tomorrow, and the police will catch hell for pursuing, some will probably march in protest, saying it was LE's fault. It happens everytime. Some folks seem to forget, that if the shitheads would have stopped, the guy wouldn't have lost his head. Also, the LEA, that was primary in the pursuit, would chase a jay walker 400 miles if they had too, they are very aggresive, and a very well respected department, they use Tahoes as regular patrol units now, they were involved with a lawsuit against ford over the safety of the crown vic, the suspects, were in a cavalier, that is not much of a car, but I would have thought it could out handle a Tahoe, evidently the Tahoes do a pretty good job in pursuits.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This all happened in an industial area, so there was no crowd to witness, but I am sure, that the my baby wouldn't do that, he was a good kid, momma will be on the news tomorrow, and the police will catch hell for pursuing, some will probably march in protest, saying it was LE's fault. <SNIP>

To hell with them IMHO you are doing the right thing he was not plain and simple. Maybe he got a little more than he deserved but some people's lives are merely to serve as an example to others. Hopefully his two dumbass friends learned something from this. You have my support 110%.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:46:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Thats sounds like a nasty scene, very fitting for friday the 13th
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:36:33 AM EDT
[#11]
It was a very nasty scene, the morning news just gave their first report, so I'm sure we will hear the bitching this afternoon. The primary pursuit dept. is a upper class suburb, and it ended in the city of Birmingham, whose population is quite different from the suburb, that alone will get alot of folks fired up. I am sure the deceased is from B'ham. The PIO, said this is a prime example that crime doesn't pay, understatement of the year! LOL and I was dissappointed, the only thing said about the officer, was that, one officer sustained minor injuries, and gave no report on his condition, getting pinned between a car and a concrete loading ramp, hard enough to bend the car door, may have only caused minor injuries, but it could have been very bad, he is one tough man, I know he was hurting alot more than he let on.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Glad to hear good guys ok
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Me too, I will report on any happenings, and keep everyone up to speed on the officers condition, if anything changes.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:23:23 AM EDT
[#14]
PICS!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#15]
sorry, no pics, I usually keep a disposable camera in my turnouts, but I used it up, and haven't replaced it, this was for sure pic worthy, the guy looked like buck wheat, and the decap was from between the upper and lower jaw, and right at the base of the skull where it meets the spine. one foot, and the other leg, below the knee were also amputated.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Its friday the 13th, and almost a full moon.. been one wild night so far!

I'm with ya!  I worked third shift last night and got to investigate what happens when someone shoots you in the thigh with an SKS.

SKS + bullet = -thigh-less
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh well, one less shitstain on the streets.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
the guy looked like buck wheat,  .

so I can assume the three where black?? if so Im sure JJ and company will soon start a LEO protest
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#19]
They were all black males, the primary pursuit dept. is a very aggressive, very white, upper class suburb of Birmingham, and I am sure the suspects were from the shity of Birmingham. It just hit the news this morning, so I figure by tomorrow all kinds of stuff will be said. My baby wouldn't rob nobody, he was a good boy. AND   why didn't the LEAs call off the chase, like they should know this guy was going to try and roll under a moving train, the usual retoric. The primary LEA is well respected, they would pursue a jay walker 400 miles off road before giving up, they don't play. These three gangsta's robbed two women at an upscale mall, I don't know if it was an armed robbery or not. Doesn't really matter anyway, they shouldn't have done it, and they should have stopped, I would say that was the last thing on the dead mans mind, but it wasn't, it was a train wheel! By the way, the dept. now uses Tahoes as their regular patrol vehicles, I had my doubts on how they would do in a pursuit, and they were pursuing a cavalier, but obviously the Tahoes did pretty good, I guess better trained drivers had alot to do with it, and it was mostly interstate chase.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh yeah, the sks to the thigh, nasty wound, I have seen a few of them also. We went to a shooting one night in about 92-93, these guys were shooting up a house with sk or ak, larger cal. with many rounds fired, a women inside jumped in her  bath tub, a round penetrated the house and tub, and struck her in the head, MASSIVE! head wound, pretty much took her head off, the tub was metal, so you can imagine the size of the entry/exit wound, there was no clear entrance or exit, worst gunshot wound I've seen, you always hear about blowing someones head off, for everyone that watches to much tv, that very rarely happens with normal civilian guns and ammo. A shotgun to the head ( suicide) is messy, but usually doesn't blow the head off.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#21]
TTIWWP
City & State?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm still tired from being up all night, TTIWWP-city/state ? you will have to explain.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
TTIWWP
City & State?

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES

What is the City & State where this occured?
Thanx in advance!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#24]
I gotcha, Birmingham, Alabama, I wish I had pics, like I said, I normally carry a disposable camera in my turnouts, but it got used up, and I haven't replaced it. This is the police and fire forum, most emergency service personnel have seen decaps, and I tried to give a very accurate and graphic discription of the scene. Also the injured officer was part of the post, and even if I had a camera, out of respect for him, I wouldn't post pics of his injuries, although there were no external visible injuries.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I've been a fireman a long time myself.  Things like that would usually bother me, generally speaking innocent people getting in car accidents, industrial accidents, etc.  Sad.

But it must have been quite refreshing to see a dreg of society get what he deserved!  F-him!   I hope it wasn't quick.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I gotcha, Birmingham, Alabama, I wish I had pics, like I said, I normally carry a disposable camera in my turnouts, but it got used up, and I haven't replaced it. This is the police and fire forum, most emergency service personnel have seen decaps, and I tried to give a very accurate and graphic discription of the scene. Also the injured officer was part of the post, and even if I had a camera, out of respect for him, I wouldn't post pics of his injuries, although there were no external visible injuries.

Posting pics could get you fired anyway, if the wrong person found it and did some digging.  If you were a volunteer you wouldn't have a lot to lose, but as a paid FF, I wouldn't do it.  I don't think I've seen an all out decap, but I've seen things that weren't far from it, and unwillingly plunged my hands into about every type of tissue that the human body has in it.   The worst thing is injured kids.  Another time I treated a fella who had a head injury that penetrated into his naval cavity.  When he exhailed, blood would bubble from where the bridge of his nose met his forehead.  OUCH.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Darwin award winner for sure. Attempting to roll under a moving train. Fucking relatives will prolly sue LEO for "chasing him under the train."
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm sure a law suit is forth coming. And no I wouldn't post pics period, we have a collection of action shots at the station, and there is a little gore in there also. I have seen enough not to want to carry pictures home with me. My mind has enough mental images of the cruelty humans are capable of doing to one another. The pics of  last nights decap would be for the freaky value only, also from time to time, they come in handy to show some young want to be badass, what can happen to you, if you are stupid, or live the gangsta life style. They need to see that real life is unlike the movies, and how destructive, and not cool taking a bullet is.  MADDOG- I'm with you 100%, seeing thugs get shot, or run over by a train, doesn't bother me in the least, I came back to the station and had a bowl of leftover hashbrown casserole. I have been on some industrial accidents that have involved fatalities, they have always bothered me, someone at work, making an honest living getting killed is a terrible thing, we had a 35 yom, killed at a pipe mill, he got his head caught between two sections of .075 thick 48'' pipe, very tragic, his friend didn't know he was in the pit checking wall thickness, and he sent the next pipe down the line, it was about 2230hrs, about the time  he should have come home, his wife got the call, the man had 2 children, that bothered me for along time. also  had a 12 yom mauled by 3 rottweilers, wasn't an inch on him with out a puncture wound, he lived, but the horror of what that boy went through just kept playing over and over in my mind. I prayed that the lord would please let me quit thinking about it. and like flipping switch it left my mind. Those are the bad ones, and I wouldn't nor would I allow anyone on my crew to take pictures of them! Pics are for fires, and shock value for new recruits and thug-ed.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#29]
TXGP17, we went on another industrial accident, with a head injury similar to the one you described, it was at the same pipe mill, they were lifting a huge piece of equipment with a crane using cables at all four corners, one of the cables broke, and took a guys face, and the front of his skull off, he was still alive, when we arrived, and attempted to respond to us, he was blowing bubbles every time he exhaled, he died while we were on the scene, and of course we could not revive him. that was absolutely horrible, I had about two weeks on the dept then, and had forgotten about him until you described your experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top