Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/13/2006 7:11:11 AM EDT
So I just joined the Academy and am already having a little bit of a problem. I have REALLY narrow feet, A or AA. I can't seem to find boots that will fit me anywhere. My department uses the Bates Style 58 which has no chance of ever fitting me so they pretty much told me to go buy something that fits then give them the receipt. Does anyone have a clue as to where to find good narrow boots? I'm sure there must be LEOs out there with narrow feet.

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:31:36 PM EDT
I've had that problem too. Every time I find a boot that fits, they end up discontinuing them.
The Danner Acadia is a great boot. However they aren't the best for running in.
I had luck with the Rocky boots. They don't make any of them any longer that fit well. I just tried on the new 511 boots. They are too wide. The danner stryker (I think that's the name) Fits okay, however about $120.00 What's your budget. Do they have any constraints on style? (IE polished till you can see yourself in them)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:47:33 PM EDT
Well, so I just spoke to the guy and he basically said they couldn't get me boots. So just to get something that fit, bring them the sales slip and to tell anyone that complained at the academy about them that the ones the offered didn't fit. So no, I do not think their are any style constraints. They are getting me narrow dress shoes, its just the boots that are the issue. I guess something I can run in for reasonable distances would be good. I was looking at Cove/Matterhorn who seems to make some narrow ones.

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:17:14 PM EDT
I have narrow feet, B width. I wear Danner Acadias and/or Danner Stryker's with a gel insert under the factory insole to lift my feet up higher in the boot - seems to work for me.

Brian
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:44:38 PM EDT
Socks

Podiatrist
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:56:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:04:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Striker:
I have fairly narrow feet and wear Matterhorn 12m's. Great boot but damn they are heavy..

I heard you were light on your feet. Now I know what they meant.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:20:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:30:02 PM EDT
Lifelong problem for me; b width feet.

I second the recommendation of Danner boots. Outstanding product.

LL Bean also makes nice low quarter footwear, light hikers, in a B width for your off-hours.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:42:06 PM EDT
Naaah, flat feet here.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:13:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:26:08 PM EDT
Another B width here; +1 on the Danner Acadia boots...

Yes, they're heavy, but they will last longer (IMHO) than most boots out there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:52:09 PM EDT
i tried on some Acadias recently, the 200 gram thinsulate model. I wear a b width and these seemed to fit pretty well. have not decided what to get yet, but choices are very limited for people with narrow feet.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:41:15 PM EDT
I just need to find somewhere around here that carries them. I am actually an A or AA. I would actually just buy womens shoes, but the issue is my foot is also 12.5 which is a similar problem, no one carries womens shoes that large. Thanks for the tips guys. I'll look into those.

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:44:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:22:57 AM EDT
Yeah I figured I would.... ... but I'd rather have boots that fit so I don't get shin splints.

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:13:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2006 7:16:03 AM EDT by highdraglowspeed]

Originally Posted By -C4-:
I just need to find somewhere around here that carries them. I am actually an A or AA. I would actually just buy womens shoes, but the issue is my foot is also 12.5 which is a similar problem, no one carries womens shoes that large. Thanks for the tips guys. I'll look into those.

-C4-

Good God man, were your parents circus performers. Just kidding.
I've got the same probs. Although 8.5 feet. Big nose is my curse.
The Acadia's will last you many years. They are more "clunky" though.
The Converse boots might work, they are super comfortable and cheap. They wear out faster though. I've got a buddy who wears them all the time. If you can get the acadamy to pick up the dime on the Acadia's I'd do that. You'll get about 5 years out of them, You can always keep looking for some other back up boots. The adidas GSG9 anti terrorist boot or oakley boots are nice, however they both wear out quickly and are expensive.

The BSDM store has a sweet pair of black thigh high sthilletto heel boots on sale. I think that would be good for stopping the bad guys in their tracks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:14:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2006 7:17:47 AM EDT by SanTifiQue]
Try MAGNUM boots

i just picked a pair up for $50 cuz im broke as all hell (county employee)!!!

I like them they are kinda loud at first but after about a week they are nice!

i am a wide and let me tell you the wide fits NICE and snug...i couldnt even get into the regular ones.

just a thought.

edited...did i mention they are comfy as all hell!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:27:16 PM EDT
+1 on the Converse boots, about $89.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:40:35 AM EDT
I went and tried on a pair of Rocky Fort Hood boots. Waterproof and fairly tight. $ 59.00 Seem like a decent boot for the $$
Top Top