Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 9:34:44 AM EDT
I work on a response team at a sensitive industrial site, and am looking for some better earpiece/mic options than we currently have. It's a high noise environment in most areas, with a good bit of residual vibration from equipment. Our current earpieces are worn constantly for the duration of our 12 hour shifts, so we need something comfortable. I've tried TEA's bone mic, but it's right ear only, and still picks up all the background, not to mention it's a bit uncomfortable after a while. I need something which is comfortable, durable, at a MINIMUM water resistant, for use in the right or left ear, picks up minimum background noise, and if equipped with a boom, must be very unobtrusive. It must be also as compact as possible, and must be equipped with a push to talk switch, approximately 1.5-2 inches in diameter, preferably with a "doughnut" to prevent accidental activation. I'm looking to spend in the up to $650 range. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You considered the Peltor Active Hearing Protectors, with the interface to your radio system?

Being industrial, OSHA mandates you gotta wear hearpro anyway, right? Kill two birds with one stone. I wore the Tac 6's 8 - 9 hours at a time, and it didn't bother me. I have a set of the newer version now, and it seems even more comfortable.....

Other wise, you got multiple options. In the ear or out of the ear. In the ear occluding (noise reduction) or non-occluding. Out of the ear bone conduction, or headset.

Just depends on what your mission is, and how well you can tolerate having something jammed in your ears.

-Shawn
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Rereading my post, I can see how that might be a little hard to read. Google TCI, they have good examples of what I am talking about. TEA is another high-end provider....

-Shawn
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:28:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Earinc TAC-SHS-III with auto-telecoil. Super comfortable because of the custom molded earpiece. You will go through batteries, though. www.earinc.com/p1-electronic-law.php
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Rereading my post, I can see how that might be a little hard to read. Google TCI, they have good examples of what I am talking about. TEA is another high-end provider....

-Shawn

i had the TEA Invisio; seemed like a good rig,but need to be usable in both ears, and it transmitted all the ambient noise in the area, which is exactly what it's not supposed to do. seems like a good rig,but not for my purposes. thanks for the info
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top