Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/3/2006 8:58:30 PM EDT
There is no "The official ARFCOM guide to becoming a FF"

Any info out there?

TIA.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:02:04 PM EDT
Check with your cities (or the city you want to work in) civil service division or human resourses.

If you want to be a paid FF you need to take the exam and be put on the list.

If you want to be a vol. FF just call the department and they can tell you the procedure. They are all different.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:50:23 AM EDT
I joined a volunteer dept about a year ago. I figured it was a good way to get into it, try it out and who knows, maybe make a career of it down the road. If not, it will still be a fun thing to do. Taking firefigther 1 class now. I would check around your local area to see what type of departments they have.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:16:44 AM EDT
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=76&t=375732

A thread I started a couple of months ago, might be some good advice in there for ya. I think "Official AFRCOM guide to becoming a firefighter" just like the LEO one would be awsome if someone would take the time to do it. I know I have recieved some great advice on this board from some very helpful people
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:33:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:56:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 1:00:34 PM EDT by Tango7]

Originally Posted By NorCal_LEO:
If someone authored the thread, I'd be glad to tack it.

IIRC, Tango7 did a really thorough post on the subject awhile ago and I know we have more than a few hose draggers here qualified to do one...

NorCal

Awww, NorCal... thanks!

Are you talking about this one?

zoe17's questions about becoming a FF

Hope it's of some use, LL. Glad to see you again.

ETA - here's one from Kodiak-AK's questions about FF

PS: Say goodbye to holidays & weekends.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:43:09 AM EDT
become a volunteer FF. get your EMT. attend a community college for Fire Science (if it's not offered, choose something else, the pursuit of education is always looked upon favorably), talk to full-time FF's where you want to work and ask them what they did to get hired, work in a related field, be persistent.
Top Top