Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:03:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:44:23 PM EDT
Just like the article, even down here if we can enforce the laws we already have it will do a world more good than trying to legislate the problem away. I'm conflicted on whether I think over complicated gun laws are the problem, or if its the judges being too lenient. Probably some of both.

Criminals don't care about the law, so enforcement is the way.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:41:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:08:32 AM EDT
Not that it's directly relevant, Striker, but here's another officer (whom I'm sure has probably been forced into retirement by now) who also speaks out against gun control. Great video. Too bad no legislators listened to a man who knows.............

The Truth About Semi-Automatic Firearms
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:19:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 10:18:41 AM EDT by wise_jake]

Originally Posted By jeager001:
Just like the article, even down here if we can enforce the laws we already have it will do a world more good than trying to legislate the problem away. I'm conflicted on whether I think over complicated gun laws are the problem, or if its the judges being too lenient. Probably some of both.

Criminals don't care about the law, so enforcement is the way.

Leno had a joke in his monologue last night about a judge giving a criminal [who also happens to be an actor] a break because he didn't want to throw the book at the actor, because this offense would trigger California's tough "10,000 strikes and you're out" policy.

ETA: As to your "criminals/enforcement" statement, you're definitely right, but someone else put it best:
"If violent crime is to be curbed it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore, what he must be taught to fear is the victim." -- Jeff Cooper

ETA2: IIRC, I think the actor was Tom Sizemore.
Top Top