Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Merry Christmas
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Merry Christmas and stay safe.    TxLawDog
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Well i worked last night and it was absolutely crazy around here, and it will be the same tonite and into today (had 2 OUI's after midnight, so it was X-mas eve)

Happy holidays, stay safe and be home with your family tomorrow
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Mery Christmas Brothers and Sisters.  Please be safe and Good Luck to all in 2006
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Merry Christmas everyone. Stay safe
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:20:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:24:29 AM EDT
[#8]
It's VERY quiet here in the US Capitol.  We've got a pot luck lunch/dinner going for Christmas day, so I'm going to eat my weight in cookies and hope that no crazy people try to get in the building.

Merry Chritmas!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Merry Christmas, Happy Holyday to all.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Merry Christmas ya'll.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#11]
The best to you and yours, Bros...Stay safe.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Dude, you put the whammy on my shift.  It was (the vets told me) the busiest shift any could rememember.  We had multiple calls holding when we logged on and they were all holding still when we went home because we went from one drama to then next.  

There were four of us in our squad and two in the neighboring squad.  Minimum staffing is four nad four.  A more realistic staffing number would be 8 in our squad and 6 in the other.

Had a barricaded subject, took him into custody w/out having to shoot him.  Taser worked well in conjuction with the blue crush after the 5 second cycle.

5 felony DV arrests and a walk/drive up reporting of a child rape.  An officer from another prct was clearing our pct after the barricaded subject call and had 3 carloads of people pull up on him in front of the pct.  He called for "several backing officers" because he had no idea what all was going on.

Then we find out a relative of all these folks had raped a 10 y.o. and they were driving him to the pct so he could turn himself in.  As the car he was in, going 25 mph, rolled along in front of the pct, reality set in and he jumped from the car, barrel rolled, struck his head on the curb (not nearly hard enough) and took off on foot.

That is when our officer ran face first into these folks.  

Ended up catching the turd several blocks away.  Found out the crime took place in another city so they had to go and report it there.  Booked him on a warrant and then went onto the next call.  A DV w/ a knife where the victim also was violating a protection order.  Moments after getting the victim statement a drunk, non-english speaker, bumped another car while I was parked nearby.  Then the drunk starts trying to touch my gun and I had to take him down.  

Ended up w/ no action necessarry as no damage was done, cleared the scene and made it home in time to watch the kids unwrap their presents.  

Non-stop from start to finish, to include a foot pursuit with a guy holding 20 month old.

Yikes!!!!  Merry Xmas indeed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top