Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:50:33 PM EDT
I'm a Dispatcher. My job is to answer phones take information and give it to the deputies via radio and make sure they are on CAD. Also I am to enter Field contact forms and on night shift confirm class c warrants for other agencies. Night shift also cleans the office. These are my duties. ...or so I thought.

NOW we are also to complete all WARRANT DIVISON work and enter officers citations. Warrant Div. is not in the same office its out the door and down the hall. There are 2 people working on night shift. Myself and the other dispatcher. If i am down the hall, that means the other dispatcher is answering phones. SO WHO IS MONITORING THE RADIO WHEN AN OFFICER DROPS AN ASSIST!!!!!!!!!!

I's sorry, but I am NOT a WARRANT CLERK nor a PATROL CLERK. WHY THE FUCK AM I DOING THEIR JOB?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

The day my boss told us we had to start doing their work, I walked out to warrant division and noticed that all the clerks were bull shitting . THEY WERE NOT WORKING! Why is Dispatch doing their job? because they arnt and they're getting paid for it! I'm sorry but I am NOT paid enough to do 3 divisions worth of work. Granted nights is slow most of the time, but when it gets going it gets going.

I;m not going to sit here and tell you we dont bullshit either, but we always seem to be able to take care of our buisness and bullshit. so why do we have to take up their slack?

END Rant thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:20:18 PM EDT
Word!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:03:03 AM EDT
Don't like it then quit!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:39:18 AM EDT
I wouldn't worry about it. This would be something to do when it's slow and you are really bored. Do you have a written job description? Does it have anything like Warrant Div. on it? Did they put this order in writing? I get stuff like this all the time and they always say it's policy however it's not written and not in the policy manual so in one ear out the other.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:25:50 PM EDT
Wait till the Shift SGT or Commander has to wait for a 27/28, because you were punching cards...

You'll be huggin the mic then.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:16:17 PM EDT
I seem to remember you were hired recently. For your future career, if you are still on probation, then I would suck it up and do what they ask until you'e off probation.
Not defending your co-workers, but appearances may not be what they seem. You walked in one time that tey could have been having a light moment. How many times have you and your co-worker on nights goofed off for a few? It happens. Our dispatchers are also required to enter warrants, scan fingerprints, and do a number of data tasks like you do. It comes with the job sometimes. If you don't like it, then look for work elsewhere. In the meantime, do what you're told and hang onto the job you got. It's easier to get a job if you have a job.
If these things bother you, I'd have to say that department politics get much much worse. It may be important to you, but in the large, grand scheme of things in your career it isn't much to get your undies in a bundle over.
Will it concern you in 10 years? If not, don't sweat it.
IM if you have questions or concerns. This from someone that has been there, gone through arbitration, and done that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:09:40 PM EDT
Bud, I learned the hard way, when I was in the Navy, pick your adminstrative battles carefully.
Top Top