Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/21/2005 6:00:51 PM EDT
Earlier this year, I applied for a spot with one of our state level investigative agencies (not VSP, BTW). I finished in the top 10 (of over 400) on the written test, and went back for a polygraph and interview, both of which I thought I did really well on. As I was leaving, I asked when to expect to hear something, to which they said "about a month or so". I waited...and waited...and waited...until about two months later, when I called the human resources division to ask. I got a very terse "you weren't selected", then found out later through the grape vine that the guys who got the job (3 of them) had actually already started a few weeks before that.

Still no thin letter. I've moved on (and upwards) in my current job, so I'm not heartbroken, but I'd think that I would at least get a "thanks for trying" phonecall.

Anyone else experience this?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:14:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:16:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:54:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Glock918:
I always hated that. Now that I’m the coordinator for our hiring process everyone gets a phone call with in 2 days telling them if they are continuing to the next step or not.
Art in KY

Class act.

However you are the exception not the rule.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:59:36 AM EDT
Yup. Top ten with one agency three times in a row. They kept hiring below me on the list. Women, minorities, and those who had "connections". The HR chick was a c$@T.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:59:59 AM EDT
What agency did you apply with, Virginia ABC?

I went through gen. instructor school with an ABC agent and found out that they do a hell of alot more than just busting 7-11 clerks for selling beer to underage drinkers.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:06:27 PM EDT
Tested for a major metro FD many years ago.

Passsed physical and written, was told I'd be contacted.

Never heard anything, so I out it out of my mind, and tested (and got hired) elsewhere.

Found out I was #344 - they'd apparently hired to 318. <shrug>
Top Top