Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 6:00:51 PM EDT
Earlier this year, I applied for a spot with one of our state level investigative agencies (not VSP, BTW).  I finished in the top 10 (of over 400) on the written test, and went back for a polygraph and interview, both of which I thought I did really well on.  As I was leaving, I asked when to expect to hear something, to which they said "about a month or so".  I waited...and waited...and waited...until about two months later, when I called the human resources division to ask.  I got a very terse "you weren't selected", then found out later through the grape vine that the guys who got the job (3 of them) had actually already started a few weeks before that.

Still no thin letter.  I've moved on (and upwards) in my current job, so I'm not heartbroken, but I'd think that I would at least get a "thanks for trying" phonecall.

Anyone else experience this?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:54:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I always hated that.  Now that I’m the coordinator for our hiring process everyone gets a phone call with in 2 days telling them if they are continuing to the next step or not.
Art in KY

Class act.

However you are the exception not the rule.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:59:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup.  Top ten with one agency three times in a row.  They kept hiring below me on the list.  Women, minorities, and those who had "connections".  The HR chick was a c$@T.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#5]
What agency did you apply with, Virginia ABC?  

I went through gen. instructor school with an ABC agent and found out that they do a hell of alot more than just busting 7-11 clerks for selling beer to underage drinkers.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Tested for a major metro FD many years ago.

Passsed physical and written, was told I'd be contacted.

Never heard anything, so I out it out of my mind, and tested (and got hired) elsewhere.

Found out I was #344 - they'd apparently hired to 318. <shrug>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top