Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 3:48:12 AM EDT
anyone know of any ammo supply houses that offer "better"pricing for individual officers?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:22:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Dept supplies ammo here,  for extra I go to Sportsman's Warehouse.   I've never heard of anyone around here offering officer pricing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:17:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I usually just get mine at Wally world, unless of course I can talk the dept armorer out of a few boxes.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#4]
wave...is the discount worth the cost of the c&r or is the savings just pennies per box ?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Try the hunting shack out of Stevensville, Montana.
http://www.thehuntingshack.com/

I think with LEO creds they'll cut you a deal. Their HSM ammo shoots pretty dirty but it's cheap.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Try the hunting shack out of Stevensville, Montana.
http://www.thehuntingshack.com/

I think with LEO creds they'll cut you a deal. Their HSM ammo shoots pretty dirty but it's cheap.

I'm goin to order from the after Christmas.  They have VERY good prices.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:52:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Contact Ultra Max for current prices, be sure to tell them it is an officer purchase for practice. They do require it to be shipped to the department, and the order has to be on Dept. Letter head. The last time I ordered I belive it was about 6.50 a box when I ordered  a case of 500 .40S&W

Edit to add you do not need the chiefs signature to do this, jsut enough $ to pay for the order
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Black Hills gives individual officer discounts
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#10]
walk into your local gunshop and tell the guy your taking some ammo at a discount

and if he has a problem with it you will run him in

am I the only one here who watches the shield,  I mean COME ON
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:48:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I purchase my own carry ammo at a local cop shop and the price is fair,but if you are looking for practice ammo why don't you try reloading? Ive been reloading for years and am glad I don't have to pay top prices for plinking ammo,plus you can taylor your ammo to your gun if you like,load up ball,wadcutter,hollow point,etc. It is a lot of fun if you are a shooter to begin with and it doesn't have to be a big expense just to start up,you can get start up kits from lee or others for a reasonable price.Just remember you probalbly can NOT carry your reloads on or off duty,stick to factory ammo for work, it's a liability thing and can get you in some hot water in court,just imagine a defence lawyer making wild claims of you making "deadlier ammo",so only use your reloads for practice.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Contact Ultra Max for current prices, be sure to tell them it is an officer purchase for practice. They do require it to be shipped to the department, and the order has to be on Dept. Letter head. The last time I ordered I belive it was about 6.50 a box when I ordered  a case of 500 .40S&W

Edit to add you do not need the chiefs signature to do this, jsut enough $ to pay for the order

Writing letterhead requires a signature from the Chief here.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
anyone know of any ammo supply houses that offer "better"pricing for individual officers?

Our Federal dealer (we purchase all of our ammo from him) gives a good deal to individual officers. Best part he drops it off at the department. Last purchase from him was XM193 for $85.00 delivered and tax included.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Ski,  Give Major Tom Morris USMCR ret a call.

Eagle Point Gun
1707 Third Street
Thorofare, NJ  08086
1-856-848-6945

Federal/CCI ammo
You may have to send
in a copy of your ID or
use police letter head.

Semper fi,
MHL555  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Ski,  Give Major Tom Morris USMCR ret a call.

Eagle Point Gun
1707 Third Street
Thorofare, NJ  08086
1-856-848-6945

Federal/CCI ammo
You may have to send
in a copy of your ID or
use police letter head.

Semper fi,
MHL555  

Holly crap man, that place is literally three miles from the house I grew up in,  Next time I go home to visit, I will have to swing by there and get me some cheap ammo.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#16]
FYI, there is absolutely NO case history of it being a bad thing to use your own reloaded ammunition for anything. This issue has come up on several LEO boards, and lots of research has turned up absolutely no legal case history....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#17]
some states require that you practice and qualify with your duty ammo.    
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
FYI, there is absolutely NO case history of it being a bad thing to use your own reloaded ammunition for anything. This issue has come up on several LEO boards, and lots of research has turned up absolutely no legal case history....

Not sure about the legality, but there might be liability issues.  Of course it depends, however, your department might not have your back if you get into a shoot using non-issue loads as far as lawsuits.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top