Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
M16A2 with quad rail and TLR-1HL
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]
MK18 built from LESO M16 and surplus parts from LESO/RTD
GG&G M.A.D. BUIS
Added my MRO (agency subsequently got $33 CompM4s from RTD) and Gemtech Trek.
Now with InForce WMLx gen 2 and Vickers sling (not shown).

Attachment Attached File

I actually need to go surplus hunting again in RTD. We ran out of parts to assemble more. Have about 30 currently.
We got our M16A1's for $100, and surplus parts for 10% of DoD acquisition cost.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Colt SBR lower, KAC SR16 upper. Spare LPR upper for longer range stuffAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#4]
My Dept. has strict rules that say only Colt.

That being said I have a 6920 which went on a diet after I had to run around with it and stand post.

So now it has a 6721 upper on it with an aimpoint H1 and magpul furniture, basic no frills rifle.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

I’m running a BCM 14.5” ELW Barrel with a Pinned SF Warcomp. Like others have said keep that sling secured if working out of a vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#6]
A simple build 14.5 M4 barrel with pinned FH. 12" Rail. A pair of irons co-witnessed with a Sig red dot (Which has been serving me well over the last few years. No complaints with it). Inforce light. Proctor sling and the excess is secured with a rubber band to the butt-stock.  Eventually I'll probably replace it with a BCM 14.5 with a pinned FH. Daniel Defense Fixed irons. Co-Witness Aimpoint mini. Streamlight light.  Geissele trigger. Proctor sling or some other easily adjustable 2 point.

I like to cowitness a red dot with irons. I also like the rifle to be as light-weight as possible. No real reason to 'upgrade' as mentioned other then its a setup I've been eying awhile and will be slightly lighter/nicer then my current gun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#7]
For awhile I was using my own Colt 6933 with an ampoint PRO, aftermarket quad rail, and a streamlight protrac LED. Our department had some old Vietnam era M16’s that were recently retrofitted with Aero precision 10.5 uppers, colapasable stocks and new buffers. I now carry one of those that I use for both SRT and patrol. My 6933 is now a HD Weapon. As much as I like carrying my own M4/AR I don’t like the idea of having to surrender it to evidence if god forbid, I get into a shooting with it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Retired now, but for the majority of the time we could carry our personally owned rifles.  Then they required us to carry the issued 6920 with piece of shit Aimpoint PRO mounted to them.  Shitty optic, would never buy one for a weapon that could see combat after dealing with those.  Many of ours, large agency so a lot of rifles, had crap battery life and had knobs and shit falling off.  Crap product that the agency blamed on a bad batch.
View Quote
Not a call out on YOU personally but it will take more than a post on ARFCOM to make be believe this.

Makes me wonder if someone in purchasing acquired a bunch of Aimpoint clones... knowingly or unknowingly

Did you ever see anything (RMA paperwork, etc.) to make you believe the sights were actually authentic Aimpoints?

"Knobs and shit falling off"... not believing this for a second from an authentic Aimpoint let alone multiples.

Post some type of proof and I will gladly buy you a Team membership... again, not to call you out, but more in the lines of getting some factual information.

In all seriousness... I'd like to know the facts behind this claim/information.  Has ANYONE else heard of any similar experiences like this?
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not a call out on YOU personally but it will take more than a post on ARFCOM to make be believe this.

Makes me wonder if someone in purchasing acquired a bunch of Aimpoint clones... knowingly or unknowingly

Did you ever see anything (RMA paperwork, etc.) to make you believe the sights were actually authentic Aimpoints?

"Knobs and shit falling off"... not believing this for a second from an authentic Aimpoint let alone multiples.

Post some type of proof and I will gladly buy you a Team membership... again, not to call you out, but more in the lines of getting some factual information.

In all seriousness... I'd like to know the facts behind this claim/information.  Has ANYONE else heard of any similar experiences like this?
View Quote
I've never known the PRO to suffer from knobs falling off. If there is an issue with the M2/3 body Aimpoints its the tendency for the optic to start cycling through brightness levels if you make a habit of turning the optic on and off constantly which messes up the brightness control
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've never known the PRO to suffer from knobs falling off. If there is an issue with the M2/3 body Aimpoints its the tendency for the optic to start cycling through brightness levels if you make a habit of turning the optic on and off constantly which messes up the brightness control
View Quote
I have had lots of aimpoint over the years and never once a problem.  I also bought authentic from real dealers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Most the aim points when I was in the military had broken knobs but still worked.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 12:30:06 AM EDT
[#12]
As a police officer are you exempt from the NFA regulations when pertaining to your duty rifles?
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 12:34:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Having such a short barrel you may consider switching to .300 Blackout and a 9" barrel. 5.56 will be moving so slow out of an 11" barrel that it might not even stop someone if you ever had to use it and most certainly would not punch through plates.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 1:08:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Mine started out as a Armalite M-15 I bought as an LEO trade-in.  I switched out the FSB barrel with a Criterion 16" mid-length barrel and BCM MCMR 15" handguard.  BCM angled foregrip, Exos Defense SOPMOD stock, Aimpoint Pro, Streamlight Protac rail mount light and pressure switch, Smith Vortex flash hider, Ergo pistol grip, Magpul MBUS and Ferro Concepts Slingster.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 1:19:24 AM EDT
[#15]
DDM4
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 1:20:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As a police officer are you exempt from the NFA regulations when pertaining to your duty rifles?
View Quote
No, but if your agency allows you to do the NFA paperwork through them, you can get anything transferred/registered tax-exempt for duty use, including rifles you may already have (that you want to register as SBR etc.)

While registered to the agency, there's no 5320.20 required for interstate transport.

You can also have Title I firearms (such as normal pistols) shipped to the agency for duty use as well (on IOP letter), or purchase one out-of-state (in-person at FFL) using the same letter, with no 4473. (https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/newsletter/federal-firearms-licensees-newsletter-september-2013-volume-2/download Page 7)

You could import something not otherwise importable that way too (although it would require a PO and not just an IOP letter, according to ATF Ruling 80-8).
Anything acquired through the agency is also permanently exempt from 922(r).

If they let you purchase a post-86 MG and register it to the agency (or convert your own on Form 1), it'll have to stay there unless you obtain your own SOT, but of course you can sell/transfer it to an SOT or another government agency when you aren't going to be employed there anymore.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:50:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Sig M4
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 11:50:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 12:18:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Geissele Super Duty LE

And @ZombiWurm01
Quoted:
Having such a short barrel you may consider switching to .300 Blackout and a 9" barrel. 5.56 will be moving so slow out of an 11" barrel that it might not even stop someone if you ever had to use it and most certainly would not punch through plates.
View Quote
Wut??
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Mil surp M16A2

Upper changed out for a Colt 14.5

Stock changed out for magpul adjustable

Eotech XPS3
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Your going to want to check the facts on that.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Geissele Super Duty Rifle:

UPPER-High Quality Mil-Spec Upper Receiver
MUZZLE DEVICE-Mil-Spec A2 Flash Hider
BARREL-16", Government Profile, 5.56mm
GAS SYSTEM-Geissele Length, "Bombproof" Super Gas Block
HANDGUARD-ALG Defense V3X LE
CHARGING HANDLE-Super Charging Handle (SCH®)
BOLT CARRIER GROUP-Tier 1 Mil-Spec BCG
LOWER-Geissele Super Duty Mil-Spec Lower Receiver
TRIGGER-ALG ACT
BUFFER SYSTEM-Super-42 H2
SAFETY-Geissele Posi-Snap
BOLT CATCH-Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch
STOCK-Magpul CTR
CALIBER-5.56mm
RED DOT- Trijicon MRO on Geissele Super Precision® - MRO Series Optic Mounts
SLING-    Viking Tactics Wide (Padded) Hybrid 2 point Sling
LIGHT-    Streamlight 88066 ProTac Rail Mount HL-X on a Arisaka Defense Inline Scout Mount
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Dept Issue Colt Commando M16A2 with a Upper I built using a Vltor Mur, 10.5” SS Noveske, DD 9” Quad, Aimpoint ML2 and a Streamlight ProTac. She’s a pig at 8#7oz loaded but she runs great.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#25]
My issued rifle is currently a Colt 6920 with an Aimpoint PRO. For a light, they have a rail section attached to the front sight post with a Streamlight TLR-1 on it. It has the standard M4 plastic handguards on it. The only thing I was allowed to swap was the stock and pistol grip, so it now had a Magpul MOE SL stock and MOE Plus grip.

I am not a fan of this setup. Our chief is about to approve a personally owned rifle program, with an approved list of companies. So far the companies for sure on the list are Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, Sionics, and maybe a couple more. I'll probably end up going with a Sionics with an 11.5 inch barrel and running an Eotech or an Aimpoint T2.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 3:30:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did this guy ever come back anywhere to explain himself? If so, I missed it. Chopping an AR barrel down as a rule of thumb causes a velocity loss of roughly 50 ffs for each inch deducted from a standard barrel. So a barrel going from 16 to 12 inches is only a loss of 200 ffs. I fail to see how that magically makes the 5.56 round a failure
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I fail to see how that magically makes the 5.56 round a failure
View Quote
It doesn't.

JSOC kills people with 10.3" barrels frequently.

Is the max effective range reduced? Yes.

Does this matter at typical engagement distances? Nope.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted: we're in the process of getting rid of out Eotechs () and outfitting them all with Sig Romeo 5s.
View Quote
That's a major downgrade. What jack ass made that decision? If they're going to insist on a red dot instead of a holographic, they should at least get Aimpoint. A friend's agency issues the Vortex Sparc which, while not ideal, I would absolutely take over the Sig.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That's a major downgrade.
View Quote
Not if they're the old EOTechs with the shifting zero problem.

I'd get Aimpoints though. We found a lot of CompM4s for $33 each through DLA's RTD. I have the NSNs at work if anyone's interested.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#31]
SIG 716 w/ Aimpoint M4 and Vickers sling.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#32]
SBR got approved for my Colt 6920.  Just put a PSA Geissele / FN Upper with Sig Romeo 5 and Troy Flip Ups and a Streamlight with Cloud Defensive switch.  I am ordering a suppressor for it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 11:23:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I am ordering a suppressor for it.
View Quote
Nice.

You know about the tax-exempt transfers/registration right?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Law-Enforcement/SBR-tax-stamp-exempt-/4-8236/
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
We found a lot of CompM4s for $33 each through DLA's RTD. I have the NSNs at work if anyone's interested.
View Quote
@BillyDBerger

1240015515762 CompM4
1240015403690 Comp M4 *for real*
1240015515758 T1
1240016202463 T1 *for real*
1240123826939 CompM4s
1240015766134 CompM4s *for real*
1240014907312 MARS CLASS 2, MARS-V
1240014907308 MARS CLASS 1, MARS-IR

Same list as only NSNs:

Your RTD screener(s) can make a search list here: https://businessportal.dla.mil/irj/portal
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 5:54:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Pool rifles....6920s with Magpul furniture, fixed front sight post and KAC rear irons. No optic, TLR-1 HL for the lights. Oh, and 20 round mags....
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Nice.

View Quote
That is cool to know.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
A large number of dead bad guys in my area would disagree with you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#38]
On duty currently is a Sons Of Liberty M4 EXO2.  M-LOK rail with an Aimpoint PRO and Surefire M600DF.  I tested this rifle for my agency and really like it.  We’re allowed to carry personally owned rifles as long as they function properly and pass inspection by the lead firearms instructor.  SBR’s are also authorized but no less than 10.5 inch.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nice.

View Quote
What's the tax exemption.  I can't see the link
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#40]
16" Bushmaster with iron sights, Magpul sling, and TLR-1HL. I'll probably add a red dot of some sort soon. Agency issued
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:13:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Mine is a 16” S&W M&P15 with a Trijicon MRO and a Magpul BUIS. I need to change the fore end so I can add a white light.

I’m seriously considering selling the MRO and getting the Aimpoint PRO I should have bought to begin with.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:19:56 AM EDT
[#42]
6920 and SBR Daniels defense
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:23:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

One thing I never see discussed much is sling stowage. I used to leave mine off, and only attach it if I was deploying it fron the car, up until one incident where I had to bail out straight into a foot pursuit, and didn't have time to grab sling or anything else but the rifle itself. Went poorly when I suddenly needed to scale a fence without a sling...luckily for me a recruit came running up and served as rifle holder while I went over first.

Since then I rigged up a ghetto retention strap for my sling to keep it folded up against the stock, but it still strikes me as being less than perfect. Particularly if, like myself, you think leaving a loaded weapon in the cruiser off duty is a Bad Idea, and take it inside at end of shift.

Around here we can either accept an issued M16, or carry our own from an approved list. I still see very few in Patrol with their own rifles, and even fewer who are comfortable and accustomed to breaking them out on high risk calls. One of my partners was even explicitly ordered not to deploy a rifle on a call one night (on a barricaded armed suspect), by a particularly shitty supervisor. Just because we have them does not mean people can or will use them...
View Quote
I have been doing this for a while.  Skip the front 1/3 of the video to where he gets into it.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#44]
All officers are issued Aero Precision 10.5” with a YHM Turbo suppressor.  Accessories are Aimpoint Pro’s, MagPul MS4 sling, and TLR1’s attached to the fsb.  Overall we’re very happy with this setup.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I have been doing this for a while.  Skip the front 1/3 of the video to where he gets into it.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3yXTX6z_cw
View Quote
Informative video, thanks for sharing.  I have that sling.

Link Posted: 3/23/2020 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#46]
My issue SRT carbine is a Windham Weaponry 11.5" SBR with an M-LOK forend with my added Aimpoint PRO, BCM Gunfighter charging handle 4B, Streamlight HL-X, and a hand stop (can't remember who made it), along with a Blueforce Gear Vickers Sling.

For outside issues, I have my personal BCM Recce-16 with a Steiner P4XI, Trijicon RMR01 on an Arisaka 35-45 degree mount, CMC 3.5# straight trigger, Streamlight HL-X,  Vickers sling, and BCM KAG.  

What I call outside issues are missions or incidents in the forests and wide open areas we have in the county where I work.  I use the SBR for entry work.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#47]
State and local LEOs have to follow NFA rules. No matter if it's issue or personal, there must be a transfer stamp.  The agency gets it tax free.  

Federal agencies can possess Class III items not "registered".
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
State and local LEOs have to follow NFA rules. No matter if it's issue or personal, there must be a transfer stamp.  The agency gets it tax free.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Transfer/registration yes, but the stamp is optional.

@tc2129
The agency can Form 1 an existing rifle (such as a patrolman's personal AR) into a SBR, then transfer to the officer on Form 5.

Or an officer can buy an existing NFA firearm, transfer to the agency on Form 5, then to the individual officer on Form 5.

All that is tax-exempt, so there won't be any stamps.

Federal agencies can possess Class III items not "registered".
Yes, agencies of the US government need not register their NFA (Title II) weapons.
Same for the US military.

Any government entity (including state/local) can register unregistered (or contraband) NFA firearms on Form 10.
Once registered on Form 10 however, ATF will only allow subsequent transfers to other government entities (which includes some museums).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top