Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2017 7:41:40 PM EDT
I'm looking for a helmet mounted light. I like the Streamlight Vantage. Both of these below are on my short list. Do you have any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quite a few of our guys have the Vantage and really like them.

I have a Streamlight PolyTac in a BlackJack mount and have been very pleased.  Like the 2 output options of the light and tucked up under the brim is the way to go IMO.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the Streamlight 4aa on my helmet, intrinsically safe and puts out pretty good light, great for everything, but useless for a smoke filled room.

Biggest problem with a helmet light is your high-beaming anyone you look at.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 12:09:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 5:04:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Vantage mounted under the brim on the side.  Coupke hundred of them in use on our department and they work great.

Love the blue light on the back so I can see where my guys are when they are ahead of me on the line.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Streamlight is a good light.  As mentioned above, just be aware of blinding other people you're working with.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Streamlight Vantage works for me- just like the others have said, be conscious of where its pointing. The same with the light that hangs off your coat. Don't be a buddy blinder.

Link Posted: 11/8/2017 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Streamlight Vantage, damn bright, when the room is full of steam it has a lot of glare, but does pretty good in smoke.

I also have the Bandit rechargable light in the front, good for lighting a wide area without blinding everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top