Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2017 9:13:36 AM EDT
Ok guys and gals, what have y'all found to be the best, or most favored, raingear for patrol? I have the s5andard 2 piece set and wear just the top instead of the long slicker bc I could care less about all the water from the slicker going straight to my boots. Also, not a fan of all the body heat and humidity that it entraps.

What says you? Oh yeah, cool flashing leds built in for added visibility helps. I once had a traffic vest with 4 small flashing leds on front and back. Wasn't blinding bright but helped immensely when playing chicken. Help me please.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Never found a good way to stay dry. Started 29 years ago when we were issued those Orange plastic rain slickers.
Now we have raincoats that do very little to stop rain.
Keep a towel in the car and a spare uniform in your locker.
You're going to be wet.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
We had some  money left over one year and spent it on rain gear for everyone in our department. Cabela's branded Gore-Tex jacket and pants. The pants were nothing special although they worked well. The hooded jacket had a mesh lining and some decent big pockets. I used  mine for at least 10 years, at work and riding my moto. Kept me perfectly dry and ... even in So Florida, I didn't sweat any more simply because of wearing this rain gear. Well worth the governments money.

Stay safe
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Look at the Frog Togg line. We were issued the All Sport rainsuit; works pretty good unless of course it's 95 and %100 humidity.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 6:04:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Bluauer has the B-Dry gear which is like the Cabelas except for law enforcement.  I have both for on and off duty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top