Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2017 2:44:15 PM EDT
Looking for a holder or holster for a shoulder microphone.

We have plain polos for uniforms. Nothing but a pen pocket on the sleeve and a collar. No way to hold a mic securely. We have shoulder mics that are tiny and have the 1 inch clip on the back so they don't even fit a belt. Policy is mic stays plugged into radio, cannot remove.

Looking for a way to secure the shoulder mic without it popping off my collar every 5 seconds. Policy also says no sling style radio holsters, so the most common FD radio holster out there is a no.

Anyone got anything to secure a shoulder mic to a plain polo shirt?

I'm about to run a ziptie through the collar button hole and clip it to that, so suggestions welcome.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know how well your shirt will hold up, but on my scrubs I use a heavy safety pin to hold my badge reel.  I've thought about having a couple of "O" (like the badge loop on a regular shirt) embroidered on my shirt to keep the pin from tearing the shirt up.

If you use the zip-tie, they make one that looks kind of like a belt and buckle -- the buckle is parallel to the tie, rather than perpendicular.  I can't find an example, but I'm sure I got them at a big box store.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#2]
5.11 polo shirts have mic slots in them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Search Tactical Mic Klip on Amazon. May come up if you search TMK. It's 13 dollars and solves your problem. Know a few guys who use them. I'll go to one whenever I go back to an assignment where I wear a belt instead of a chest rig even if I'm in a regular class B uniform simply because tactically the Mic being on your chest and accessible ambidextrously is a good idea. Hope this helps.

Edit: I'm in no way affiliated with the company or product. I don't even own one (yet) just know a lot of guys who do
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#4]
There are a ton of gimmicks, including magnetic mount.

What I plan to do is get my polos altered. I'll get a mic clip pocket made in the upper seam of the shoulder like how the 5.11's are. Doesn't look that difficult to do.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Check out The Mic Loop

Just got one for my turnout coat but designed for/by cops and had great reviews.  Assuming you have a vest or something to velcro it to obviously.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the replies.

I'm gonna order the TMK above. Looks like it'll work with what i've got.

the mic loop above... no velcro.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 2:32:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thanks for the replies.

I'm gonna order the TMK above. Looks like it'll work with what i've got.

the mic loop above... no velcro.
View Quote
I wear one with my fancy suit, but not with polo.
I can’t stand how the mic pulls down when attached to an epaulette, I think it looks like shit.

With a polo, I run the cord up my back over the opposite shoulder and hook it to the button area.
If you hook it to the front buttons, it will look like this.

This keeps the epaulet looking normal.

It probably takes 3 cents to make it, but it’s durable as all get out and worth every penny to me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I wear a TMK on the top button (just like on the white shirt above) of my patrol uniform.  I wear it on me left epaulet when I'm wearing a tie.  It works well and I've never lost my speaker mic while using it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:19:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I use the TMK on a button.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top