Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2017 12:01:33 AM EDT
http://wkrn.com/2017/08/25/report-vanderbilt-nurse-practitioner-didnt-render-aid-to-injured-deputy/

The Deputy took prisoner to the hospital and a fight ensued.  Prisoner was able to shoot the deputy several times before getting shot and killed by the deputy.  

After backup police arrive and clear the room, NP comes into the room pronounces prisoner is dead and walks out leaving responding police officers to apply tourniquets and bandages to stop bleeding.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:03:31 AM EDT
[#1]
NP out of a job in 3.2.1....

Fuck this
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:10:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like some people need to lose their license, told my wife (RN) and she was pissed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:10:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:20:06 AM EDT
[#4]
She woke as fuck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:21:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She woke as fuck.
View Quote
She just wasted years of her life yeet

Edit: it's a male. institutionalized Sexism is a thing lol
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:22:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Should be fired, lose license and arrested
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:23:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Should be fired, and license revoked immediately, with no possibility of reinstatement.  Permanently revoked.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:14:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://wkrn.com/2017/08/25/report-vanderbilt-nurse-practitioner-didnt-render-aid-to-injured-deputy/

The Deputy took prisoner to the hospital and a fight ensued.  Prisoner was able to shoot the deputy several times before getting shot and killed by the deputy.  

After backup police arrive and clear the room, NP comes into the room pronounces prisoner is dead and walks out leaving responding police officers to apply tourniquets and bandages to stop bleeding.
View Quote

What the hell???
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Did you guys read the article? They're already covering for that piece of shit.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 3:28:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 5:06:56 AM EDT
[#11]
So which was it, a doc or a NP?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Time to lose license.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#13]
That is ridiculous.  Why be in the profession if that's how you're going to be.

The problem is everybody is going to find some excuse as to why it's okay to avoid being sued.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm out of town, but tuned in as much as I can.  There has to be more to the story or at least I hope.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Fire NOW and take license! POS!
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I would wager board of nursing already notified

Must lose
Nursing license forever
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#17]
that's really interesting.

Could the NP not been able to handle trauma? Ran in, ran out?

IF a medical person was on the scene of a officer shot, and intentionally refused to stabilize the officer.... wow.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So which was it, a doc or a NP?
View Quote
According to an article posted on facebook, both a MD and a NP walked in and out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#19]
That what happens when you lower standard to appease the SJW.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:50:53 PM EDT
[#20]
The PD should make it quite clear to that hospital the next time they need law enforcement on the premises, they can call someone who gives a fuck.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The PD should make it quite clear to that hospital the next time they need law enforcement on the premises, they can call someone who gives a fuck.
View Quote
I don't think they use Metro PD. I believe they use Vandy Campus Police.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fire NOW and take license! POS!
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm curious as to what the TN BON will do.

That shit wouldn't fly in my ER.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 7:48:40 AM EDT
[#24]
abandonment should stick no matter what kind of bullshit they try to come up with to excuse this pathetic excuse for a human.

not to mention an NP declaring someone deceased at the scene, wow. I hope he consulted with a candystriper first.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 8:02:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Lawsuit.

Epic one.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 8:10:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Should be fired, and license revoked immediately, with no possibility of reinstatement.  Permanently revoked.
View Quote
All of the above.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#27]
That's a lost lawsuit for the hospital who will pay for the atmosphere it allowed.

They are on duty, trained, and at their workplace, they have no out to claim they are a ''first responder'' and don't HAVE to provide medical care.

I hope licenses will be yanked and employment terminated and the hospital pays for HR's mistake in hiring.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That what happens when you lower standard to appease the SJW.
View Quote
I'd like to see a pic of the NP.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Well.  I guessed the dead prisoner and cops race pretty handily. I just need to the NP to see if I win my Carnak prize.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
And sentenced to a long prison term for a hate crime.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 9:22:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
You already know.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm an RN myself and given the facts plus pix of the two involved in the incident; I got a good mental picture of the NP and its attitude.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
This^^^^^^^ how the fuck can that be justified by the NP. I smell a nice law suit coming on this
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#34]
I really need to be tested for psychic powers. this is uncanny.  I am right way too many times for it to be dumb luck.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#35]
a large part of the medical community around here, mostly drs...have nothing but contempt for public safety, fire included.

had a young SJW trauma doc try to read me a riot act on a prisoner i was just sitting on who got a broken arm actively fighting other officers. Dr got a stfu real quick and i had some choice words with hospital management before heading back to the road

the shit ive seen drs do in my area working fire and police is borderline criminal sometimes
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well send a complaint to the Med board for his peers to investigate themselves.

This one is blatant and easy to see how someone used their personal job,or skills to stick it to someone they opposed.  Sure not something you would EVER expect or plan for.

SAD.  Hope the officer gets the care needed.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 8:08:13 PM EDT
[#37]
In some states you can be criminally charged for that
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I would own a wing of that hospital.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#39]
NP needs to lose their license.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Long ago in my jurisdiction there were medical professionals who protested when suspects were brought in handcuffed.

So some officers stopped.

Until several professionals got assaulted by prisoners.

I had one tell me to stitch up my prisoner, he was tired of us bringing in prisoners that needed stitches.

So I did.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 10:25:06 PM EDT
[#41]
<p style="margin-bottom: 0px; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;">http://wkrn.com/2017/08/31/vanderbilt-says-allegations-that-nurse-practitioner-didnt-render-aid-to-hurt-deputy-are-untrue/
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Black Lives Matter?
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pretty much.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
WTF?

I have NEVER seen that... not in >20 years.

Almost without exception, ER personnel have a great relationship with the Fire/EMS/LE folks.

ETA:  it helps that lots of ER nurses, docs, PAs, etc started their careers as paramedics or EMTs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
a large part of the medical community around here, mostly drs...have nothing but contempt for public safety, fire included.

had a young SJW trauma doc try to read me a riot act on a prisoner i was just sitting on who got a broken arm actively fighting other officers. Dr got a stfu real quick and i had some choice words with hospital management before heading back to the road

the shit ive seen drs do in my area working fire and police is borderline criminal sometimes
WTF?

Almost without exception, ER personnel have a great relationship with the Fire/EMS/LE folks.

ETA:  it helps that lots of ER nurses, docs, PAs, etc started their careers as paramedics or EMTs.
some nurses and PA's aren't to bad, that is where the majority of the EMS workers go....however, Dr's are another story. The two county hospitals, the majority of ER dr's have complexes, ie...your a lowly police officer or firefighter....

a member of a command staff of another department was in uniform and armed. He visited one of the local county network hospitals and the Dr refused to see him because he was armed and asked him to leave. Sheriff wrote a letter to the board. The local county hospital has a police department, with actual certified officers....they rarely help in hands on engagements in the hospital, per their admin. Aside from my story in the earlier post, ive been in one fight in the er...had a dr yelling "officer, that is enough" as i was actively fighting the drunk douche

wouldn't have to fight drunk and high douches if the yuppie drs didn't demand me to take their cuffs off....let alone, every hospital visit with a drunky takes 3-4hrs....to simply hand me a piece of paper saying....yep this guys drunk, but hes ok to go to jail....thank god i grew out of patrol
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 6:43:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
WTF?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF?
ER personnel at our local hospital hated cops and FFs. Some guys at work had "DO NOT TAKE ME TO WOODHULL" written on the front of their body armor.
Another cop once told me even if he was shot by someone  in their ER we should still take him somewhere else.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 6:53:36 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't think the doctor or NP that left had a legal duty to provide care, but that's some low down shit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sounds like some people need to lose their license, told my wife (RN) and she was pissed.
View Quote
Time to pull that license and look into criminal charges.  Fuck that bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 1:03:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Some medical facilities - just have a reputation.

I had on my vest - a preferred medical establishment and a "Do Not"  in case it was needed.  I was very fortunate that it was not needed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top