Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2017 1:20:31 PM EDT
Time for new boots and have read some great reviews online and here about Solomon's line of duty boots. One question that I can not find the answer online or tell from their website if the toes are polish-able? Thats about the only policy requirement for boots at my place is 1) Black and 2) polish-able toe.

Thanks
J-
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I wear the quests and They aren't polishable. You can maybe armor all them and give a little shine but it won't look like a leather boot
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#2]
No they are not. In fact they start to get a green tint.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Copy thanks guys. Back to my the drawing board.

J-
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Copy thanks guys. Back to my the drawing board.

J-
View Quote
Try the Rocky C4T or Nike Field Special if you can find them. The Rocky is what I have right now, very light weight, comfortable and polishable. I haven't worn the Nike but that's another popular one with the other SWAT guys I work with
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:21:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Try the Rocky C4T or Nike Field Special if you can find them. The Rocky is what I have right now, very light weight, comfortable and polishable. I haven't worn the Nike but that's another popular one with the other SWAT guys I work with
View Quote
Copy thanks. I'll check em out

J-
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:55:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Saloman does make these:

https://www.us-elitegear.com/products/salomon-forces-urban-jungle-ultra?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv8awj4zg1QIVw1t-Ch2n7gE9EAQYASABEgKXdPD_BwE&variant=34614776718

Never worn them so I can't give you a review. I wear the Forces and have several pairs I wear outside of work and I love their stuff. If I needed a pair to polish, I'd try these.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:54:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Check out Danner EMS Striker II boots. Polishable leather, composite toe, water/body fluid proof.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001V2QUKA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503039110&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=danner+ems+striker+ii&dpPl=1&dpID=41yApJ04KlL&ref=plSrch

Been wearing them for over a year now. Took a few weeks to break in (hot spot on one ankle), but they've been great ever since.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Why polish them?  Is it required?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Solomon just released a pair of polishable boots
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why polish them?  Is it required?
View Quote
yes

J-
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

yes

J-
View Quote
It's not a bad thing, I wear danner DFA for my daily boots for my K9 duties because nobody expects me to stay shined and I don't answer patrol calls unless I'm just trying to help patrol, I spend my time chasing people in the woods and ditches so that's a little different. If I am in patrol uniform or SWAT, I wear the Rockies and they are shined. I know it doesn't allow the leather to breathe and it's hotter blah blah, but damnit it just looks better and the boots are still comfy as hell. I can't even lie, I feel my blood pressure go up a bit when I see some boot come in wearing Bravos with friggin tennis shoes on ??
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:47:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Instead of starting a new thread I thought id piggyback on the OP's

For those that have experience with them, how's the durability of the soles on the XA Pros and the Quests?  I'd like to get a set for duty use, but don't feel like dropping that much $$$ if the soles wear out too quickly.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:51:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:25:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Instead of starting a new thread I thought id piggyback on the OP's

For those that have experience with them, how's the durability of the soles on the XA Pros and the Quests?  I'd like to get a set for duty use, but don't feel like dropping that much $$ if the soles wear out too quickly.
View Quote
No experience with the XA PRO but I've got a good buddy with the Quests and they seem to be holding up well. Keep in mind, none of the soles are going to hold up like some of the older styles (i.e. Danner Acadia or jump boots) because they are softer materials. The comfort is the trade off
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:26:55 AM EDT
[#15]
The old school Rocky Alpha 8" side zip have worked for me. Comfortable and side zip. Good for 6-8 months they the heel starts to break down. Can wear longer just not cushy as new. Have probably worn 7-8 pair out. FD/EMS/Rescue duty.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:41:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The XA Pros wear down pretty quickly. The rubber is soft and seems to go fast when you wear them a lot on the street.
View Quote
That's what I was afraid of.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:24:08 AM EDT
[#17]
XA Pro the sneakers?
If so, I have a pair and love them, but don't wear them daily, so the soles are holding up good and I can't give an honest wear estimate.
I normally only get about a year out of boot soles and have a couple pairs of the quest 4d's.

I wear one pair off duty and one for tac uni. Both are holding up really well.
I'd say they are the best footwear I've owned so far.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:37:47 PM EDT
[#18]
We have the same stupid policy.

I bought these Lowa Uplander boots 3 years ago, and I'm still wearing them.

The 5 pair of Bates boots I had before these lasted 9 months to a year, and made my feet hurt.

These are the most comfortable boots I've owned. They're waterproof, and last, getting more comfortable as you wear them. These are hiking boots that have a "polishable" exterior, made just for schmucks like us that have brass making our equipment decisions for us.

Lowa Uplander

DSGarms is awesome and loves Law Enforcement. Email them a picture of your credentials, and you'll get LE pricing.

You're welcome.

Edit: hotlink
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We have the same stupid policy.

I bought these Lowa Uplander boots 3 years ago, and I'm still wearing them.

The 5 pair of Bates boots I had before these lasted 9 months to a year, and made my feet hurt.

These are the most comfortable boots I've owned. They're waterproof, and last, getting more comfortable as you wear them. These are hiking boots that have a "polishable" exterior, made just for schmucks like us that have brass making our equipment decisions for us.

Lowa Uplander

DSGarms is awesome and loves Law Enforcement. Email them a picture of your credentials, and you'll get LE pricing.

You're welcome.

Edit: hotlink
View Quote
cool thanks

J-
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I got a year out my XA Pro 3D's.

I have a pair of the quest 4D's that are holding well.

As for people saying they turn green. I take a brush with a little polish and hit them up before shift everyday. Less than 30 seconds just brushing the polish on and knocking the dirt off have kept them black and looking good. Also puts a little shine on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top