Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 12:06:57 PM EDT
WTF? If I had assault type weapons they would be illegal right? So I just declared my two ARs anyway. What do depts. classify as "assault type"?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:21:50 PM EDT
Strange question. I'd be looking for somewhere else to work.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:17:06 PM EDT
First department I ever worked for, I went to the oral all dressed up and looking sharp. Don't know anyone who works there, as I new to the area and very young. Anyways, the Chief of Police meets me along with one of the Capts. Take me to an interview room. Sit down. The Chief slides a couple of pieces of paper over to me and tells me to sign them, and give them back. I'm sweating buckets. Finally they both look at me and the Chief ask "So Ed, have you ever been in any fights?" I say "Yes". The Chief ask "Did you win?" I said "Some of them". The Chief and the Capt. got up and said "Your hired". And that was that. Of course back then (1978) the downtown was overrun with biker bars. So the cops had to be able to handle themselves. Man it was some fun times. ED
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:18:42 PM EDT
Screw that...I don't care if I was working for them or trying to get a job with them. If they asked me that they I would say no. The term "assault" weapon is something made up by gun control idiots and liberals. It's none of their damn business.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:40:43 PM EDT
Technically you don't own any assault weapons. Preban weapons and postban conforming weapons are not assault weapons, remember? An assault weapon is the more dangerous kind with the bayo lug.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:11:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:23:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:43:51 PM EDT
When I applied to HPD about 10yrs ago, similar questions were asked. This was prior to the AWB so semi-auto rifles were not quite so evil, but was asked how many pistols and rifles I owned. None at the time. I no longer pursued HPD, as I wanted off the island real bad... -934
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:21:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Renn: WTF? If I had assault type weapons they would be illegal right? So I just declared my two ARs anyway. What do depts. classify as "assault type"?
View Quote
This question should not have surprised you if you are from Hawaii. What is it now, possession of a high cap pistol mag is a misdemeanor, and possession of a loaded high cap pistol mag is a felony? Pinetop
Top Top