Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/12/2003 4:37:46 PM EDT
I recently went to the Lugar Job Fair here in Indianapolis and got some information from the FBI table. They said they were hiring Computer Science Majors so I decided to give it a go. Has anyone else submitted an application? How long does it normally take to hear back from them? Thanks for the help, -Andy
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:07:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/13/2003 7:07:46 AM EDT by chriss1069]
I filled out an application online last July. About three weeks later I recieved a testing packet. I had to withdraw my application and never attended. A good friend of mine also submitted an application and her testing packet took about as long. She tested and moved on to the next round about a month later. She was trying to get into forensics and did not have the minimum amount of experience needed, so they told here to contact them this June. I have heard that the whole entire process from initial aplication to starting the academy usually takes about nine months. Good Luck!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:50:36 AM EDT
i got an old friend from High School that just left her state po-po lab job for the FBI. i guess the entire process took about 9-12 months to get hired. FBI does a pretty rigourous background...and besides it federal so any decision has to go through a host of desk jockeys first. ANY decision takes a long time.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:06:52 AM EDT
Do you have a link for the online application?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:24:30 PM EDT
FBI stands for "Friggin' Bunch of Idiots" around my unit...[;D] Seriously, good luck with your app's
Top Top