Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2003 4:37:46 PM EDT
I recently went to the Lugar Job Fair here in Indianapolis and got some information from the FBI table.  They said they were hiring Computer Science Majors so I decided to give it a go.

Has anyone else submitted an application?  How long does it normally take to hear back from them?

Thanks for the help,
-Andy
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:07:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I filled out an application online last July.  About three weeks later I recieved a testing packet.  I had to withdraw my application and never attended.  A good friend of mine also submitted an application and her testing packet took about as long.  She tested and moved on to the next round about a month later.  She was trying to get into forensics and did not have the minimum amount of experience needed, so they told here to contact them this June.  I have heard that the whole entire process from initial aplication to starting the academy usually takes about nine months.  Good Luck!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#2]
i got an old friend from High School that just left her state po-po lab job for the FBI.  i guess the entire process took about 9-12 months to get hired.  FBI does a pretty rigourous background...and besides it federal so any decision has to go through a host of desk jockeys first.  ANY decision takes a long time.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a link for the online application?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
FBI stands for "Friggin' Bunch of Idiots" around my unit...[;D]

Seriously, good luck with your app's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top