Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2003 11:28:22 PM EDT
Anyone know who makes a relatively low price Tac vest carrier , I have an older vest that is WAY to big for me , it belonged to a good friend that passed away , He was a big guy so using the panels under my uniform is out of the question. I know safariland makes a universal carrier but it is around $ 200 and it only comes in black. I would like one in green, to use for off duty call in and the occasional raid. At one time Gulls had one for like $120 but they no longer carry it.
Any Suggestions ?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:14:27 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.secondchance.com/prod.asp?action=prod&prodID=20[/url]
Second Chance makes one in green.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:23:23 AM EDT
[#2]
i have one of the 2nd chance carriers it works well for just what you mentioned you want it for.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I assume you a talking about the outside vest carriers, right? First, I must bring up to you liability. Our dept currently uses Second Chance panels/plates and Second chance carriers(traditional under the uniform style). We are currently trying going to outside carriers. Second Chance's shooting warranty and ballistic warranty will be voided if you place their product into another products outside carriers, **unless** you type up a letterhead asking Second Chance for "permission" and they may/may not give you the official OK to use another product.

The problem with typical outside vest carriers out dept has run into is that they are generic, meaning they come in Small, Medium, Large. These may fit some Officers, but not ALL. Another problem is panel fit into the carriers. Meaning, the ballistic panels dont fit in the the generic vest panels all that great. They sag down or simply do not cover and hold into the outside carrier like they should.

We are going to have our outside carriers custom makde by a shop which makes our Duty Dress Leather jackets. No, they are not going to be leather!~ But rather a material which closely resembles our Blauer Street Gear uniforms. This shop is going to custom make each carrier to each officer's body size, overall needs, and ballistic panels. Simply awesome!

This cutsom route may seen expensive, however our outside carriers are going to cost under $100 for each custom made carrier! Depending on the options, they really will cost $70-$100.
And yes, Second Chance has given us the OK in writing that they will still cover us in a shooting and give us full warranty.

Might be something to look into. Hope this info helps.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the info guys
- Chad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top