Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 8:23:23 PM EDT
I have used a Beretta pretty much my whole career.  However, when I went to the tac team, part of our policy calls for weapon mounted lights .  I have used a Sig 226R .40 and also USP with a light.  I like them, but I have that urge again. Anyone out there using a Beretta with a weapon mounted light.  Either a standard model or a Vertec.  My two options are a Vertec or a standard Beretta with the Streamlight rail added to it. I don't really want a semi-permanent light such as the Surefire.  I want to be able to take it on and off.  This will also be used on patrol.   Pros/Cons, etc.
Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey I'm not in the LE field and i don't own a V-tech but i have had a chance to use one over the last month or so(baby sitting it for a friend)with an M6 and it is a heck of a lot better as far as mounting lights and lasers than a 92 with the streamlight rail added to it. The mount on the v-tech is more solid(obviously). I ended up selling the streamlight mount to a friend because i just didn't like it, even been thinking of selling the 92f to get a v-tech as the grip feels a lot better than the standard 92 grip.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:34:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a k9 copper for a muni police agency.  I had the M3/rail combo on my 92F. Long story short, hot call, fast weapon presentation, rail and M3 go plunk on ground in front of me.  I now have a 96G Vertec/M3 and love it.  Vertec is the way to go baaabbbbbyyyy!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top