Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2003 12:53:31 PM EDT
All,
As I've mentioned I'm setting up a group buy of QuikClot from Z-Medica. I'm ready to get

started and wanted to let you know. Prices for each will be as follows plus shipping:

QuikClot 3.5oz: $16.50ea
CinchTight or Israeli Bandage Field Dressings: $6.00ea
PriMed High-Volume Gauze Rolls: $1.55ea
QC BattlePack: $28.00ea Contains 3.5 Ounces of QuikClot, 2 PriMed, choice of 1 Field

Dressing (specify Israeli or CinchTight) The Battle Pack is made of rugged waterproof

material, and fits into standard BDU pocket, has Velcro belt attachment, and 2 attachment

points for Alice Clips.

I've set up a new email address at [email protected] and have set up paypal

through that address as well (add 3%to the total for paypal please) Feel free to email me

at the new address or my regular one [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thanks and have a great day!
-bill

Bill Murphy NREMT-B
69-27 Olcott Street
Forest Hills, NY 11375-6636
[email protected]
[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The field dressings are great bandages. One of our guys brought some back from a Task Force assignment with the feds, and we were so impressed that we bought a couple of cases and issued at least one to the whole Department.

The company was very quick on service, and shipped them within a few days. Even though all of our correspondence was with folks in Israel, their stateside CS reps and warehouse were in Houston.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Im not convinced its all its cracked up to be.
Why woulnd't gelfoam do equally as well?
If its an arterial bleeder or a big vein it needs to be ligated/clamped, quickclot aint gonna work. Its a lot o pesos my friend and Im afraid that good old pressure and time will produce equal results, with less complications.
Ive used Syvek with mixed results.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I just finished reading some threads in the GD of an evaluation of different items the Marines used in Iraq and Quikclot did not receive good marks...I have no experience with it but if Combat Marines and Navy Corpsmen don't rate it very well, then that's good enough for me...just my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Two things i've thought were interesting.

The USMC report says the QuikClot didn't work very well. It says the blood would often wash the powder from the wound, and the medics had to resort to applying the QC and then immediately applying direct pressure. i don't know about you guys, but that's how i was taught to use the TraumaDex, the USMC report makes it sound like direct pressure was not supposed to be used/required.

The QuikClot test results (on their own page of course) make it out to be a 100% saver and 0% mortality rate thing, whereas the TraumaDex is barely, if at all, better than direct pressure alone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top