Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2015 8:17:00 PM EDT
I need a little help finding a MOLLE armor carrier suitable for uniform use. I'm a K9 handler now and have the leeway to wear one. The one I'm using has some shortcomings and I need to find one that fits my needs and looks decent.

Here's what I'm using now. It's got some old panels crammed into it. My current Second Chance panels won't fit in it and it only holds large plates and not my 5x8 trauma plate. Looks like shit with my collar either smashed under it or it sticks way out. L-R is an altered baton pouch with my dog reward, blow out kit, phone pouch, pistol mags, M4 mag pouch.

I need something MOLLE on the bottom and maybe with uniform-type shirt pockets on top. I've also got a silver tan Blauer Armorskin carrier that I used before I got the dog. I f'n hated it.

This is perfect, but I can't find anytying like it for sale anywhere.

I like this one, but Point Blank won't sell the carrier separately. I tried to get one custom made, but I had to get my money back after several months with no vest.

Meh... And I I think this is a Turtle something and they haven't taken orders since last spring.

Just an identification vest, but the slash pockets would be handy.

I really like this one, but it's no longer available and the back looks like a soup sandwich.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 12:23:27 AM EDT
[#1]
The "Turtle Something" one is made by "Turtle Tracks". I ordered one in November. Each vest is custom made to fit the person ordering it. You might also check with this company: The Vest Man They also make custom vests though I'm not sure if they have one that is all MOLLE.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been looking at the U.S. Armor - Ranger 500. But haven't made the call to ask about availability or price.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Anybody got a line on a Rothco TAC Carrier & All Molle vest? Can find the vest and plates on Ebay, but can't find the vest only anywhere? Rothco doesn't show it on their site at all.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I am doing a test wear on a vest now from Survival Armor that the carrier is a molle setup. Take a look at it I like mine so far.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Molle vest

If you shoot me a im with your number I can send you pictures of mine if that helps you at all.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 11:52:37 AM EDT
[#6]
http://www.bodyarmoroutlet.com/carriers/point-blank-maverick-outer-carrier.html
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the vest you seek is probably the Safariland Oregon City Carrier.

http://www.leedway.com/Safariland-Oregon-City-Armor-Carrier-p/ocac.htm

Everyone I know that wears one loves it, but many have cautioned that the add on molle pouches they offer are overpriced and not good quality, better to buy add on pouches from tactical tailor or wherever.

Link Posted: 1/12/2016 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#8]
We wear a concealed vest under a polo with an external chest rig, think a shoulder holster on steroids set up to hold everything off the belt. I LOL'd when I saw the improvised reward pouch too... Nice touch! Just curious, I don't see a hot n pop (or heat/cold monitor of some flavor at least) control anywhere. Do you have it on your belt?
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 6:04:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I wear a modified version of the U.S. Armor USBP Ranger 2012.

If you need pics PM me and I can send them to you.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 12:10:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Have you looked at the Mayflower Low Profile Armor Carrier?

Quoted:
I am doing a test wear on a vest now from Survival Armor that the carrier is a molle setup. Take a look at it I like mine so far.
View Quote

Check and double check everything you get from them.  And then check again.  We tried getting new SWAT vests through them instead of the manufacturer we had been using.  No amount of explanation could unfuck their attempts to make a vest that fit me.  I lost count of how many times I sent their vest back because it was too big.  We've since gone a different route and will never go back to them again.  Hopefully you'll have better luck.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the vest you seek is probably the Safariland Oregon City Carrier.

http://www.leedway.com/Safariland-Oregon-City-Armor-Carrier-p/ocac.htm

Everyone I know that wears one loves it, but many have cautioned that the add on molle pouches they offer are overpriced and not good quality, better to buy add on pouches from tactical tailor or wherever.

View Quote

I have the older version of this carrier, guess you could call it the pre Oregon City version, and it is great. The Oregon City version literally fixes all of my gripes with my current carrier.

Safariland's MOLLE pouches suck on the other hand. I'm still using their radio and handcuff pouches but nothing else. Even those will get replaced as soon as suitable replacements are available.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Remembered who made our rig. Place called ballistic outfitters. Another agency north of us wears an external carrier with the ballistic outfitters rig over it and it's a really nice setup. What I like the most about it is that you have the ability to shed all your gear quickly if you need to (handlers tend to go in some tight and or wet spots) I've had to drop my whole rig and just take my pistol and dog to get in a confined space. And also allows you to have all of your gear without having your vest on (nice for training days etc...)
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Point Blank give any reason why they won't sell carrier only? I would buy it also and use my own soft body armor.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I believe this is your first pick.  Kinda pricey, but looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey, guys. I appreciate all the input. I've been in contact with Survival Armor and they will make exactly what I'm looking for. I'll probably just send them my panels for best fitment.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#16]
You will not regret it at all, glad I could help.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:11:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wear a modified version of the U.S. Armor USBP Ranger 2012.

If you need pics PM me and I can send them to you.
View Quote

Same with us and 2 other local Depts.

Edit: aaand I probly know this guy. Lol
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You will not regret it at all, glad I could help.
View Quote

Thanks again, bro. They seemed pretty open to doing it and sent a picture of one similar to yours in coyote.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Finally got one!

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:25:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Finally got one!

<a href="http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/LawDogRD10/media/DSCF5179.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z338/LawDogRD10/DSCF5179.jpg</a>
View Quote

What color is that? Does it match the shirt pretty good?

BTW good choice on the Esstac KYWI's. I've been running them for a year and a half now and they've held up well. We have to use black so after a while they get pretty grubby looking but a quick spray with Spray and Wash and rinse under the hose and they look good as new.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:12:21 AM EDT
[#21]
I would kill for a molle vest to get more shit off of my belt.  But it's too military looking *rolls eyes*  We can finally wear the shirt looking outer carrier.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#22]
It's coyote brown and is quite a bit darker than the shirt. My uniform shirt is in the first pic up top. I actually just switched to the Kywi triple mag pouch. Being a dog handler, I'm not likely to have my rifle with me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I would kill for a molle vest to get more shit off of my belt.  But it's too military looking *rolls eyes*  We can finally wear the shirt looking outer carrier.
View Quote

Hey, Police Admin -ALWAYS- knows whats best for the guys on the street.........The population we deal with don't give a shit what we wear anyway.....

As you can tell, Im bitter we aren't allowed to wear an external -gear bearing- vest either... God forbid we offend someone, lets risk back issues instead.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top