Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2002 8:52:55 PM EDT
This goes out to the Law Enforcement Officers using the USP COmpacts. Do you like them for duty use? Pros/Cons? Likes/Dislikes? Can you comparre them aganist a fullsize in the shoot ability department? What kind of holsters are you using? I have carried a full size and now am looking for a compact. Thanks in advance. Sgt. 830
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 9:06:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2002 9:57:15 PM EDT by Duke76]
I carry my HK USP .40 compact 99% of the time while on duty. I work plain clothes and use a Fobus paddle holster which is awesome. I also have a full size USP .40 which I use for tactical entries. The full size is equiped with the HK UTL weapons light and trijicon night sights. I like carrying the compact more than the full size and I shoot the same score duing qualification with both guns. I am a true believer in the HK USP's and have never had any problems with either gun. I actually like the way the compact feels better than the full size and the only advantage I have found with the full size is that it has larger control levers which are easier to manipulate with gloves on. [img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=DUKE76&album_id=99164&image_id=3&courtesy=1[/img] [img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=DUKE76&album_id=99164&image_id=2&courtesy=1[/img]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:16:55 PM EDT
I have a USP Compact 45 that I like a lot. My department is also starting to buy compacts for staff members. Street guys are using a security holster that works well. It has a thumb break and is "twisted" out of the holster. It comes in nylon, and a leather look alike synthetic. I also have had no problems with my H&K.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:22:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sgt830: This goes out to the Law Enforcement Officers using the USP COmpacts. Do you like them for duty use? Pros/Cons? Likes/Dislikes? Can you comparre them aganist a fullsize in the shoot ability department? What kind of holsters are you using? I have carried a full size and now am looking for a compact. Thanks in advance. Sgt. 830
View Quote
We just bought USP 40 LEM Compacts for our agency. I like mine alot better then our former S&W .40's. We are a plainclothes agency, so our issue leather is Strong pancake holsters with the locking device on the thumbreak. I personally use a Bianchi nylon on a duty belt (I said plain clothes, not undercover :>...) I am also an instructor, and we haven't had any major training issues related to the weapons. For likes, the accuracy is wonderful. The LEM is almost like a SA trigger in a lot of ways, and the night sights we bought are really nice. I have yet to find any major dislikes, but like you alluded to, leather is a little tougher to find then some other makes. WRT shootability vs the fullsize, I really can't see any difference. I shot both when we were conducting our selection testing. Some smaller shooters felt the fullsize kicked less, but being plainclothes, we decided the compact was the best choice. Drop me a note if you would like any more info. later, AJ
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:46:14 PM EDT
Sgt, My agency is authorized the USP compat in .40 We have the LEM in DAO. I am a firearms instructor with my Agency (Border Patrol) and have fired one extensively. The Agents that have them like them. What they like the most is the price. $499.00! with NS and 3 hi-caps. good deal. If you purchase one, here are some things to consider. 1. in my opinion the DAO sux.. a standard double/single action with the hammer drop is the way to go. 2. If you have a big hand get the finger groove floor plate for the mags. You may loose some concealability but it is easier to hold on to/control. The mag release takes a bit of getting used to. Also watch when you do a tactical reload, you WILL pinch the crap out of your hand. Try it you'll see what I mean. 3. Use a good round that is not to hot. (Rem. Golden saber 165) It is very snappy with the wrong load. Snappy means loss of control and difficult follow-up shots. 4. Holsters/mag pouch.... a good open top kydex is the way to go. Fobus is ok (read cheap) blade-tech would be my choice. 5. Lots of range time! For what its worth..... Gamn
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:06:12 AM EDT
Had a.45 compact. Didn't care for it. Trigger finger rubbed the bottom of the trigger guard. Was not as accurate as I hoped it would be. I qualify master on our firearms course on a regular basis. I couldn't even qualify with the compact! My 2 cents anyway.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 12:08:20 AM EDT
For duty, I carry the USP full size. Off duty I've carried my .45 compact. But I've now switched to the Beretta Cougar 8045 for off duty. It just feels better than my compact .45 and It's about the same size as the Hk compact.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 2:32:35 AM EDT
I carry the USP45 Compact as a duty weapon and love it. I was a staunch S&W guy until I shot my buddy's full size. It was too large for my hand so I shot the compact. I do have a problem though, maybe someone here can help. I have H&K's tactical light for the weapon but can't find a holster for it. Does anyone know of a company that makes a duty holster for the Compact 45 with the tac light? Thanks in advance. Paul
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:58:02 PM EDT
Try Safariland for the USP compact with a tac light. I have the Safariland with a tac light for the full size, maybe they make a holster for the compact as well.
Top Top