Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2002 4:06:26 PM EDT
[url]http://wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=891625[/url]

It's totally clear from the article, but it certainly looks like the suspect in the shooting was the handcuffed suspect. Gee, I remember a few people on AR-15.com saying how a handcuffed suspect is not a threat..........
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Well they are a threat , they can spit, bite kick, and hurt you in any number of ways. I had a guy who was hand cuffed throw me over him some how, as I held onto him for dear life, in the hospital for an exam. after he resisted arrest, I mean I was in the air off my feet, slamming on the wall, to this day I don't know WTF happened, just remember being airborne.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Suspects are always a threat.  As for spitters, I had one last week and I used a trick an old EMT taught me...  slap a pillow case over their head.  The guy couldn't see, thought that he couldn't breath and went anywhere I wanted him to go.  Guess its kinda like putting blinder on horses.  Also, most pains in the a** still won't spit on them selves.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#3]
They are definitly a threat.  Just look at the Inglewood, CA officer that had his balls grabbed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top