Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2002 3:53:56 AM EDT
OK, Time for Tro to vent:
It baffles me to no end the following:
I have 10 minutes of time to myself to do some PB (personal business), so I find the most out of the way hiding spot. In the middle of an open area with NO BODY AROUND. ( and in Miami that’s not an easy task)
I prepare my cop juice to  just the perfect color and temperature; I raise it to my lips and then,----- and then, I hear this faint knock on my window. OH MY GOD!, he's found me,not me! , not again! THE QUESTION MAN!
“Officer is everything OK, I mean I saw you here, I was driving from bum f--k know where when I saw YOU, and Oh, by the way my wife got this ticket and, did I ever tell you this, I mean I know your busy and all, but I just wanted to ask you, OH this, it won’t take LONG but……….AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I could be parked on the F---ing moon in the middle of an ocean, and he ALWAYS FINDS ME!
The QUESTION MAN, my cop curse to public service.

Now for those of you who are not cops , PLEASE, PLEASE, don’t get ALL ruffled under your collar here.
I’ll ALWAYS answer your very important questions, with the real concern and compassion that our profession demands. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COULD YOU AT LEAST LET ME FINISH A CUP OF COFFEE FIRST. (heavy breathing here, stress, stress, stress, OK, breath in, breath out, wax on, wax off, concentrate focus point Danielson )

Boy I feel better now, Thanks.
Old Tro had to vent, but I’ll bet that I’m not the only one!

You all take god care,

TroDog

Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:55:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I really love it when the QM finds me in a restaurant just as I've gotten the meal I've waited 8 hours for and now have about 7 minutes to eat because there are calls stacking up and the sarge is screaming for people.

QM:  "What kind of gun is that?"

Me:  "It's a Glock"

QM:  "That's what I thought.  Saw one of those in that Bruce Willis movie, you know, the one with the airplanes?  My brother in law has a Glock.  What kind of bullets do you have in it?  I'll bet you've got Black Talons in that Glock.  I don't think it's right that the government won't let us have Black Talons, too.  Hey, have you ever killed anyone?  Do you guys really pull over Mexicans just because they're brown?  A friend of my brother in law's cousin said he got a ticket just because he looked like a Mexican, but he really isn't so he got mad."

Me, watching my lunch hour tick away:  "No, we don't stop people because of their race.  We stop them because they violate the law."

QM:  "If I was driving down Main Street at 4 A.M. and stopped at a red light but there was nobody coming and I didn't want to wait so I drove through it and you happened to be sitting nearby and saw me would you give me a ticket?  I mean, there was nobody around and there was no way I could cause an accident, would you still give me a ticket?"

Me:  "So when did you get that ticket?"

QM (indignant):  "I didn't say I got a ticket, I was asking if you'd give me one."

Me:  "When's your court date?"

QM (abashed):  "Friday."

Me:  "So you go to court on Friday, and you wanted to be able to tell the judge that you talked to another officer who said he wouldn't have ticketed you in the same circumstances another officer did ticket you, right?"  

QM:  "Weeeeellllllllll..."

Me:  "Sorry.  Anything else I can do for you?"  (as dispatch sends me on a hot call, lunch untouched).

QM (indignant again):  "You know, I don't really like cops.  I hope you get in an accident and die!"

Me:  "Thanks.  Have a nice night, sir" as I head out the door.

Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Aaaaah question man.

I love it when a Chinese person gets in my face and starts rattling off some questions in rapid fire Mandarin, Cantonese, and/or Fukinese. I just nod my head and when they finally stop to catch their breath I politely say, "Sir/Ma'am I'm Filipino can you repeat your question in English?"

Or how about this situation?

Holding multiple perps up on the wall [b]at gunpoint[/b] and a tourist(s) (usually of the European variety) gets in between the barrel of my firearm and above mentioned badguys and asks something insane like, "What's the best way to Central Park?"
[red]Hey buddy? Did you happen to notice the shiny gun pointed in your direction? GGGGRRRRR...the best way to Central Park from downtown is a Fuc&ing helicopter, now please just step your ass to the side[/red]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 9:03:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you God. I new I wasn’t the only one.

Waverunner that was funny, I’m rolling on it and how sadly true. I don’t know how many times someone will come up to me and rattle off with something in another language. Miami is a large tourist center and we get people from all over the world here, it’s just amazing how everyone expect you to know their language just because your wearing a police uniform.
And take downs, man what a riot that is. I’m aiming an AR rifle at someone who is reaching into his fanny bag on a felony take down stop and the idiot behind my patrol car is beeping the horn for me to get out of the way. What goes through their minds?

Oh well, we are rich with the drama of human interaction. (a very PC way of saying that the public can be a huge pain in our ass at times.)

Yes, police work can be very stressful but also very funny as long as we can remember to look at things on a lighter side.

I love reading everyone’s stories, just remember to keep the PC filters on while you’re typing; you never know who is reading!

You all take good care!

TroDog  

Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Same story on the EMS side. Apparently, every tourist in nyc believes I have a Hagstrom map tattooed to the inside of my eyelids.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I  still remember the day I was trying to help some good citizen find a certain address for a medical appointment.  Not on the map,  dispatch had never heard of it either.  I asked him what the phone number was, turned out to be a hospital in Dallas.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Q. Deputy, I hate to interrupt your lunch, but....

A. Then don't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top