Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/8/2002 11:48:44 AM EDT
OK...I got a little bored and had a few sets of old body armor laying around. I took 2 paca goldflex level two vests in black carriers and went to work. I took two front panels and put them in the front panel carrier on one vest. It was a tight fit but it did fit. By the way, both panels had a soft trauma pack attached to them. I left the back panel solo for now. I tried it on and the damned thing doesn't feel half bad. I wouldn't want to wear it under a uniform shirt but for wear over soft clothes it may not be half bad. What I am curious about is how much extra protection would the second panel give you? maybe the equivalent of a level 3a or possibly even a 3? Oh well, back to my quest for a vest that wears like a tank top and stops 50bmg Stay safe! underdog
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 12:06:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By underdog_m4: Oh well, back to my quest for a vest that wears like a tank top and stops 50bmg
View Quote
LOL! Your kidding right ??
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 12:18:12 PM EDT
Lets just say I'm doing a little wishful thinking...LOL
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 12:31:07 PM EDT
It should give you more protection...how much more I have NO idea. I have been known to use two vests from time to time. One 2A and then a lvl 3 Tac vest over it. I don't notice much diff. when I have the two on. If you were wondering why I did this....it was for a couple high risk arrest warrants. medcop
Top Top