Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2002 11:48:44 AM EDT
OK...I got a little bored and had a few sets of old body armor laying around. I took 2 paca goldflex level two vests in black carriers and went to work. I took two front panels and put them in the front panel carrier on one vest. It was a tight fit but it did fit. By the way, both panels had a soft trauma pack attached to them. I left the back panel solo for now. I tried it on and the damned thing doesn't feel half bad. I wouldn't want to wear it under a uniform shirt but for wear over soft clothes it may not be half bad. What I am curious about is how much extra protection would the second panel give you? maybe the equivalent of a level 3a or possibly even a 3?
Oh well, back to my quest for a vest that wears like a tank top and stops 50bmg

Stay safe!
underdog
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Oh well, back to my quest for a vest that wears like a tank top and stops 50bmg
View Quote

LOL!   Your kidding right ??
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Lets just say I'm doing a little wishful thinking...LOL
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#3]
It should give you more protection...how much more I have NO idea.

I have been known to use two vests from time to time.  One 2A and then a lvl 3 Tac vest over it.  I don't notice much diff. when I have the two on.  

If you were wondering why I did this....it was for a  couple high risk arrest warrants.

medcop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top