Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2010 5:52:39 AM EDT
Here is the link to this years winners.

The first place winners are an outstanding crew and I have had the pleasure of working with them many times.

Toward the end of the video, they switch to the daylight camera and illuminate the target with the night sun which gives you a better appreciation of how thick that stuff was.

Good job guys.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:43:09 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL, 1st place bird co-pilot: "Someone's just gonna have to get wet."

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
LOL, 1st place bird co-pilot: "Someone's just gonna have to get wet."

I like it better when Jim says "That's what I'm talking about baby" when they finally do decide to jump in and get wet.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:22:45 PM EDT
[#3]
That was cool,  I love those videos, especially the one's from overseas during airstrikes
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
"Let me find some where to land, I'll get out a get 'em, I dont mind getting wet"  -  "Eeeasy, coyboy"

lol. Good catch.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen some really awesome FLIR and MARFLIR chase and disabling fire footage.  Too bad most of it will never be aired
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Definition of ALLUDE
: to make indirect reference <comments alluding to an earlier discussion>; broadly : refer

Definition of ELUDE
1: to avoid adroitly : evade <the mice eluded the traps> <managed to elude capture>
2: to escape the perception, understanding, or grasp of <subtlety simply eludes them> <victory continued to elude us>

Just sayin'........
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here is the link to this years winners.

The first place winners are an outstanding crew and I have had the pleasure of working with them many times.

Toward the end of the video, they switch to the daylight camera and illuminate the target with the night sun which gives you a better appreciation of how thick that stuff was.

Good job guys.

Was that Irving they were helping out? Thought I saw some Dallas PD jackets too.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Major lack of dog action

You don't put cops at risk chasing an armed robber that is hiding.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Was that Irving they were helping out? Thought I saw some Dallas PD jackets too.

Yes, Dallas offense, DPD chase ending in Irving.

Quoted:
Major lack of dog action

You don't put cops at risk chasing an armed robber that is hiding.

Agreed. Perfect application for K-9. We get plenty of calls from them to use our dogs. We were either off or on something else.

Dallas has plenty of dogs and Irving has two patrol dogs. Not sure where those guys were at on this deal.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#10]
As much as I loved my partner, I would deal with the loss of him rather than go to another cop's funeral. The armed robber in the backyard hiding in the pile made me wonder too. Someone there needs to realize what a great tool a dog is and realize that is a use of force report the handler can do, rather than you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top