Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 4:54:20 AM EDT
Simple kindness today, that's all. My wife just called me to say that a policeman tapped on her window at a stop light to let her know that her rear turn signal was out and to have the boyfriend/husband change it. So Thank You to the 95% of Officers who are stand up folks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:01:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Note the lack of Citation, Beat down or Tazing in this story.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:28:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Simple kindness today, that's all. My wife just called me to say that a policeman tapped on her window at a stop light to let her know that her rear turn signal was out and to have the boyfriend/husband change it. So Thank You to the 95% of Officers who are stand up folks.

Sexist complaint.  See the Lt. after shift change.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:31:26 AM EDT
[#3]
You're welcome...... thank you for your support.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:00:15 AM EDT
[#4]
To say thanks, I put video on Youtube:

Rockford, IL Police Heroes Bust Home Invasion Gang

Police were acting like I was trying to make them look bad when I had to post vids:  Pimp & Whore Next Door, Bad Pawn Shop Attack, & Gangbangers: Rocks vs. Pistols....    

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:18:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Not true...we have some good ones, I.E.; "Cop fatally shoots man charging him wielding knife."  -  General Arfcom consensus was "good shoot" or "Cop - 1, Bad Guy - 0"  

Anyway...you 99% have my thanks as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:23:43 AM EDT
[#6]
You're welcome!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:38:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sexist complaint.  See the Lt. after shift change.  

LOL Actually I rather appreciated that part, makes me feel useful. Plus I'm old fashioned.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks.

I hand my business card out like confetti because I figure if someone likes my performance and wants to write a letter of appreciation, they'll know who they're commending in their letter to the boss.

I never understand guys who want to remain anonymous to the public.

Nothing to hide, here.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks.

I hand my business card out like confetti because I figure if someone likes my performance and wants to write a letter of appreciation, they'll know who they're commending in their letter to the boss.

I never understand guys who want to remain anonymous to the public.

Nothing to hide, here.

Isolated Incident.. lol JK.

This.. I have been known to hit the lights, roll up next to someone and let them know their rear lights are out, etc... Not all of us are bad or out for numbers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top