BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
You HAVE to paint it?  WTF.  Is it a LE "sniper" school?  Some private school?  A military school?  When I went to LE "sniper" (let's face it, that term loosely applies to the LE realm) we didn't have to do anything goofy like that.  Marksmanship from a ridiculous number of uncomfortable positions was the main thing.

our shit has to be uniform in appearance and functionality-there would be hell to pay if one of us showed up with a camo rifle, especially since the Department OWNS them and issues them out to us haha
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Never had to paint but we did have to be able to cam them up, bit like a ghillie suit for your rifle..
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
bebs1835

Posts Per Day:
Last Login Date:
9/10/2010 11:12:00 PM EDT
Last Post Date:
9/4/2010 3:30:01 AM EDT

hmmmmmm............
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I kicked the chucklehead an IM asking him to either admit he's FOS or to update the info on the school.  Obviously he read the IM, so now I say screw it he should be banned for a week or two for trolling BOTS.  I cancelled his admission to the pool party.
-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I kicked the chucklehead an IM asking him to either admit he's FOS or to update the info on the school.  Obviously he read the IM, so now I say screw it he should be banned for a week or two for trolling BOTS.  I cancelled his admission to the pool party.
-SleeperShooter

That's okay, I thought someone said he was bringing Mountain Dew and I am really more of a Sunkist guy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
-SleeperShooter

That's okay, I thought someone said he was bringing Mountain Dew and I am really more of a Sunkist guy.

How the hell did you get an admission ticket?  The party is only for Team Members.  Area  Just curious who else we now have to kick out.  -SS
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
-SleeperShooter

I sent him one too around 1120 last night.  No reply.  Jus' saying!  Hes prolly with that 'chops' guy writing tickets to other cops!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not saying perma-ban the guy, but a little time-out is okay IMHO.  I'm not a mod and I totally respect your authoritai (said in Cartmans voice) Striker.
-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
-SleeperShooter

I sent him one too around 1120 last night.  No reply.  Jus' saying!  Hes prolly with that 'chops' guy writing tickets to other cops!

"Other cops"? I have my doubts that either one carry a badge, from what I've seen here.....

Edit: Never mind. I'm sure their credentials have been verified by this point. I'm not the guy to challenge the veracity of any claims. That and I don't care about either posers or the type of officer who expects special treatment based on the job.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:01:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You HAVE to paint it?  WTF.  Is it a LE "sniper" school?  Some private school?  A military school?  When I went to LE "sniper" (let's face it, that term loosely applies to the LE realm) we didn't have to do anything goofy like that.  Marksmanship from a ridiculous number of uncomfortable positions was the main thing.

our shit has to be uniform in appearance and functionality-there would be hell to pay if one of us showed up with a camo rifle, especially since the Department OWNS them and issues them out to us haha

I really don't care about the OP, but your dept probably isn't using it's sniper teams to their full potential if they're worried about paint on the gun. There are quite a few tangible benefits to painting a sniper rifle, and it says a lot about the administration if they're worried about 'messing up' the gun rather than letting the scout/snipers operate at their highest potential.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:12:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really don't care about the OP, but your dept probably isn't using it's sniper teams to their full potential if they're worried about paint on the gun. There are quite a few tangible benefits to painting a sniper rifle, and it says a lot about the administration if they're worried about 'messing up' the gun rather than letting the scout/snipers operate at their highest potential.

A couple of our snipers that went to the "advanced" sniper course and did paint their department issue rifles. We gave them the OK to do so. In their class it was NOT mandatory to paint your rifle, but it was "recommended" per se.........but they never MADE you paint anything.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top