Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/8/2002 6:25:19 PM EDT
Hi. My wife is 5 foot. She has a moderate chest. The youth 1100 I bought her last year fits just about perfectly. Given that data, and the fact that my AR set up just like an M16A2 is too big for her, what AR type should I get her that will fit well? I want her to have her own fun gun, and I want to surprise her with it. If you are (or have a friend who is) that size what would you like fit wise? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 4:53:14 AM EDT
An A1 stock will be about 1" shorter. If that's not enough, EGW just came out with some adjustable stocks that are something like 2+ inches shorter. They are expensive but probably the only thing you'l find shorter than an A1 stock unless you get a pre-ban gun and put a collapsible stock on it. http://www.egw-guns.com
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:02:17 AM EDT
Dont forget the RRA tactical buttstock. It is much shorter and may work perfect for you! [url]www.rockriverarms.com/rifles/Stocks_Handguards.htm[/url] [beer]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:09:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:08:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tatjana: I have trouble getting 20"ers on target from the ready under time pressure, the 16" is a dream.
View Quote
FWIW. If you have a balance problem, you could try pieces of lead in the buttstock held in with rags, plastic bags etc.. Stick on wheel weights work good under the hand guards.
Top Top