Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 3:16:14 AM EDT
....cable, that is. After six months of living in Northern Virginia, I have finally called Comcast to come hook me up. I can't believe I lasted this long without TV!

What did you think I was gonna say?

This isn't a major announcement, but I'm proud I lasted all that time without it. I am strong....I am invincible....but now I am bored.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:57:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 4:00:37 AM EDT by herb_e_vore]
Congratulations on your new arrival! Was this a planned event or unexpected? Nevermind, none of my business. Carry on.
Cable and internet are 2 of my prime requirements for life. Not the top 2 , but up there.

ETA: Is Larry the cable guy going to be your installer? You may want to wait in the other room.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:07:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:40:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SP1Grrl:
Well, you got me. I saw the title and my jaw hit the floor. Congrats on your cable.

*Whew!*

+1
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:03:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By herb_e_vore:
Congratulations on your new arrival! Was this a planned event or unexpected? Nevermind, none of my business. Carry on.
Cable and internet are 2 of my prime requirements for life. Not the top 2 , but up there.

ETA: Is Larry the cable guy going to be your installer? You may want to wait in the other room.

It was unexpected, but a sudden occurrence of boredom and suddenly being single again prompted the bank-busting necessity. I haven't been wise with my money during the past 3 weeks, but cable is a good investment in my (in)sanity. That and joining Gold's Gym to meet more people. Work keeps me busy most of the time, but I need to start getting out more. I have been here for 6 months and, while I know my way around, I still feel like a newbie.

I just hope that the cable guy isn't like the guys who brought my furniture

Are you guys gonna go see the Cherry Blossoms? I'm looking forward to that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:53:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bellona:
This isn't a major announcement, but I'm proud I lasted all that time without it. I am strong....I am invincible....but now I am bored.

i know exactly what you mean
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:32:43 AM EDT
I thought you were going to say that your timing is bad - seeing you just posted you ended a relationship. Glad it wasn't that.

Happy you are getting cable if that is what you want. I fail to see how it will increase you chances of meeting people and feeling like you are part of the community.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:43:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ogre_4070:
I thought you were going to say that your timing is bad - seeing you just posted you ended a relationship. Glad it wasn't that.

Happy you are getting cable if that is what you want. I fail to see how it will increase you chances of meeting people and feeling like you are part of the community.

It won't help me meet people, but it will entertain me in the downtimes when I need to stay at home or want some "me" time.

Also helps when people want to come over and hang out to watch TV WITH me, or if I have guests from out of town.

I missed FOX News a lot, and now that I can't go to my ex's to watch O'Reilly / Hannity together, it's time for me to take matters into my own hands.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:52:43 AM EDT

Well, you got me. I saw the title and my jaw hit the floor. Congrats on your cable.

*Whew!*

<picks up SP1's AND her own jaw off the floor>

You're evil Bellona...evil!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:48:34 PM EDT
Not even funny Bellona
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:54:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 3:12:33 PM EDT by Tso-s_Chick]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:59:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 3:07:39 PM EDT by Bellona]

Originally Posted By Tso-s_Chick:
Wow thats sad that cable is that much of an excitement in your life ...

I say everything tongue-in-cheek; things aren't that bad.

I'm hardly home to watch TV, but it'll be nice to be able to catch some shows I missed when I am home and don't feel like going out all the time.

It would be sad if cable was the most exciting thing about living in DC. If that was the case, I'd just go back to Ohio.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:13:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 3:23:44 PM EDT by Tso-s_Chick]
Well glad things aren't that bad then. TV sucks anyways
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:09:46 PM EDT
LOL You are evil and wicked!!!! I am STILL trying to recover from the thread title!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:22:25 PM EDT
Hey,

sorry for being crabby with my post earlier tonight. Things have been getting stressful with school and all and I didn't mean to take it out on here. Couple of the posts tonight have been a little sassy on my part. Hope the tv works out for you, its nice to have something to relax with once in a while. Got any movie channels?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:07:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MrsGungho:

*Whew!*

+1

+2!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:42:51 PM EDT
Okay, my eyes completely bugged out of my head.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:47:42 PM EDT
Congrats....I think
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:10:32 PM EDT

If that was the case, I'd just go back to Ohio.

Hey now, Ohio is a great state. I'll have you know Ohio is crawling with cool people....most of them astonishingly good looking guys in their mid-30's. And we have cute dogs too.

And, lest you think this is an area void of fun and attractions, we have more fast food percapita than any other state in the US of A. Couple that with all the livestock farms and strip malls, and that spells F-U-N for the single gal.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:20:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:

If that was the case, I'd just go back to Ohio.

Hey now, Ohio is a great state. I'll have you know Ohio is crawling with cool people....most of them astonishingly good looking guys in their mid-30's. And we have cute dogs too.

And, lest you think this is an area void of fun and attractions, we have more fast food percapita than any other state in the US of A. Couple that with all the livestock farms and strip malls, and that spells F-U-N for the single gal.

I can vogue for his dog, he however is not something to go back to Ohio for. The Russian women in Columbus are though J/K SS.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:44:31 AM EDT
My boyfriend and I have lived sans cable since December of 2004. We really don't miss it too much. We have a beautiful TV, and watch lots of DVD's, and just recently George put some rabbit ears on the TV, and we do get 3 channels now. It's amazing how much money the cable NAZIS bleed from out of you.

If I had my way, we'd never get cable ever again.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:35:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By daisywench:
My boyfriend and I have lived sans cable since December of 2004. We really don't miss it too much. We have a beautiful TV, and watch lots of DVD's, and just recently George put some rabbit ears on the TV, and we do get 3 channels now. It's amazing how much money the cable NAZIS bleed from out of you.

Wife and I have been without it since approx. 2001/2002. At first, we just couldn't afford it; after that, we just didnt' *want* to afford it. I don't fault others for their cable "addiction" (as a cable-ready friend calls it), but it just wasn't for us.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:49:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wise_jake:

Originally Posted By daisywench:

Wife and I have been without it since approx. 2001/2002. At first, we just couldn't afford it; after that, we just didnt' *want* to afford it. I don't fault others for their cable "addiction" (as a cable-ready friend calls it), but it just wasn't for us.

It's so funny the reactions you get when you tell people you don't have cable, or you don't watch TV. "whatever do you do?".

I just let them wonder.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:42:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GabbasaurusRex:

Thanks.

I think Bellona needs some time in the time-out chair for scaring us like that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:20:29 PM EDT
After a year or two, you don't really miss it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:18:09 PM EDT
I had cable and cable internet, and....sort of got distracted cheering on FOX in the am. It's good for watching the Nazis on the History Channel ("Cooking Secrets of the SS") but...the only thing other than news consistently we watch is '24.'

As to the rest - got network feeds at work, so...cut the cord. Still have cable internet and 'limited basic.'

Your post was funny; one hopes you'd use protective measures ;)
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:31:59 AM EDT
How else am I suppoed to get Fox Soccer channel for EPL Football?????????
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:10:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DeltaAir423:

Dude, I think you've got shit mixed up. You said "soccer" and "football" in the same sentence. So, which one is it?

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:36:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Makarov_Mami:

Originally Posted By GabbasaurusRex:

Thanks.

I think Bellona needs some time in the time-out chair for scaring us like that.

With cuffs on..

right?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:26:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wise_jake:

Originally Posted By DeltaAir423:

Dude, I think you've got shit mixed up. You said "soccer" and "football" in the same sentence. So, which one is it?

SMARTASS!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:41:47 AM EDT

I try.
Top Top