Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 7:21:06 PM EDT
My wife is going to get her CCDW permit next week and we have been discussing different carry methods. Neither of us are very comfortable with the gun purses as she does not always carry one and it would be too easy to snatch.

She dresses business casual for work most of the time and rarely has to wear suits, so it will be difficult for her to carry in a belt holster. She is considering carrying a Kel-Tec P-32 tucked into her waistband with the factory belt clip. I know a .32 is not a powerhouse, but it would be very easy for her to conceal and having the gun is the most important part.

What methods do you ladies use for concealed carry? This is one area where I am not much help due to the differnences in men and women's bodies and clothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I carry IWB or in a holster on my belt depending on weather (hot or cold) and what I am wearing. You learn as you carry more how to dress for concealment.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:16:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Paddle/belt holster -waist - front or back depending on what I am wearing. Also have a comfy ankle holster.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry a kel-tec in an inside the pant holster (Uncle Mike's). It works with whatever I wear.  The factory clip is cool if I have it in a pocket, personally I prefer the holster for the waistband
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I carry a kel-tec in an inside the pant holster (Uncle Mike's). It works with whatever I wear.  The factory clip is cool if I have it in a pocket, personally I prefer the holster for the waistband

What model Kel-Tec do you carry??? We have the P-32 which would be the easiest for her to carry.

I also just got this, which would be a better weapon if she will actually carry it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What model Kel-Tec do you carry??? We have the P-32 which would be the easiest for her to carry.

I also just got this, which would be a better weapon if she will actually carry it.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/glocker199/000_0835_1.jpg

P-32.  I love the Kel-Tec. It is easily concealed under nearly anything I wear. I'm very 'short-waisted' and it is a consideration most guys don't have to make when it comes to a weapon 'printing'.  I couldn't agree more about the diameter difference. I'm am a realatively new shooter and as a lady shooter I actually prefer the .32 to .38 as a defensive weapon.  If I put it in the right place the threat will be neutralized with a .32.  That is really nice ...tell me more about the gun in the picture, if you don't mind.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/glocker199/000_0835_1.jpg

P-32.  I love the Kel-Tec. It is easily concealed under nearly anything I wear. I'm very 'short-waisted' and it is a consideration most guys don't have to make when it comes to a weapon 'printing'.  I couldn't agree more about the diameter difference. I'm am a realatively new shooter and as a lady shooter I actually prefer the .32 to .38 as a defensive weapon.  If I put it in the right place the threat will be neutralized with a .32.  That is really nice ...tell me more about the gun in the picture, if you don't mind.

Thanks for the info.

The pistol is a Kahr PM9, which is about the smallest 9mm available. The gun holds 6 rounds in the flush magazine and 7 in the extended mag. It is about 0.5" thinner and 1.25" shorter than a standard 5 shot J-frame .38 spl. Although it weighs the same as the Airweight .38s, it only has about 1/4 the recoil and is much easier to shoot well. It has a smooth DAO trigger that is much lighter than a revolver's pull.

More pics

Shown with a P-32 and GLOCK 19 for size comparison.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I only wish I had this option....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#8]
One major selling point for me with the Kel-Tec was the "sloped" slide (I know that can't be the right term). It's less likely to catch on clothes, I feel more confident with it.  It's very very light so I could practice with it all day and never get any arm/hand fatigue...that obviously lends to higher proficiency.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top