Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 4:15:16 AM EDT
So I worked my full first day at the gunstore yesterday and it was 6:30 when we closed. 6:30 is really to late to be starting supper at home so MrGungho took me out for supper to a steak place in town. As we were passing the bar area to get to our table a waitress was leaving the bar area carrying a full tray of drinks (mostly soda thank god). She seen an opening between myself and the hostess and tried to dart across in front of me very quickly. I seen what was going to happen and couldn't get my mouth open. She plowed right into lilgh and knocked him to the ground, dropping most of the drinks on top of him and one glass landed on his head leaving a very nice knot. I was quick enough I was able to reach down and grab his head before it hit the floor, which also means I have soda dumped all over myself, my coat, in my purse. It was a mess. We hurry and get his coat and hat off before it soaks through to his clothes and by this time he is screaming. MrGungho rushes him off to the restroom and tries to get him calmed down and cleaned up some. Someone from the restaurant goes in and helps him out with this. I sit at the booth, still shaking, wondering if my lil guy is ok.

Finally about 10 minutes later they emerge, lilgh with a cold wet cloth on his head and crocodile tears still evident on his face. He sits down and sees the chocolate milk there on the table and cheers up some. Through the course of our time there management has brought him out a new t-shirt (of course advertising for them, but he needed a dry t-shirt), a stuffed armadillo (still advertising), and several members of the wait staff stopped by to check on him (along with some of the customers), including the waitress who caused the whole thing. She was very apologetic, didn't see him, blah blah. Of course I told her I knew she didn't see him as she had created a blind spot for herself by the way she carried her tray, she couldn't see anything in front of her that was shorter then the height of the tray. I proceeded to tell her though that he is ok, and I know she in no way meant for him to get hurt, no worries. She said when she felt him on her legs, she threw the tray forward to try to avoid hitting him, glad she did that otherwise he may have been hurt worse.

All in all they did very well to cover the damages, they are paying for the dry cleaning on my coat, paying to replace my cell phone, and comped the entire meal. (besides the goodies they had already given lilgh). I was also told if I felt the need to take him to the Doc, just to bring the bill in and that would be covered as well.

I say I handled it well since I am a hothead when it comes to my kids and their safety (I know we all can be) and I maintained a calm manner the entire time. MrGungho surprised me even more since he is worse then I am and he was calm as well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:19:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So I worked my full first day at the gunstore yesterday and it was 6:30 when we closed. 6:30 is really to late to be starting supper at home so MrGungho took me out for supper to a steak place in town. As we were passing the bar area to get to our table a waitress was leaving the bar area carrying a full tray of drinks (mostly soda thank god). She seen an opening between myself and the hostess and tried to dart across in front of me very quickly. I seen what was going to happen and couldn't get my mouth open. She plowed right into lilgh and knocked him to the ground, dropping most of the drinks on top of him and one glass landed on his head leaving a very nice knot. I was quick enough I was able to reach down and grab his head before it hit the floor, which also means I have soda dumped all over myself, my coat, in my purse. It was a mess. We hurry and get his coat and hat off before it soaks through to his clothes and by this time he is screaming. MrGungho rushes him off to the restroom and tries to get him calmed down and cleaned up some. Someone from the restaurant goes in and helps him out with this. I sit at the booth, still shaking, wondering if my lil guy is ok.

Finally about 10 minutes later they emerge, lilgh with a cold wet cloth on his head and crocodile tears still evident on his face. He sits down and sees the chocolate milk there on the table and cheers up some. Through the course of our time there management has brought him out a new t-shirt (of course advertising for them, but he needed a dry t-shirt), a stuffed armadillo (still advertising), and several members of the wait staff stopped by to check on him (along with some of the customers), including the waitress who caused the whole thing. She was very apologetic, didn't see him, blah blah. Of course I told her I knew she didn't see him as she had created a blind spot for herself by the way she carried her tray, she couldn't see anything in front of her that was shorter then the height of the tray. I proceeded to tell her though that he is ok, and I know she in no way meant for him to get hurt, no worries. She said when she felt him on her legs, she threw the tray forward to try to avoid hitting him, glad she did that otherwise he may have been hurt worse.

All in all they did very well to cover the damages, they are paying for the dry cleaning on my coat, paying to replace my cell phone, and comped the entire meal. (besides the goodies they had already given lilgh). I was also told if I felt the need to take him to the Doc, just to bring the bill in and that would be covered as well.

I say I handled it well since I am a hothead when it comes to my kids and their safety (I know we all can be) and I maintained a calm manner the entire time. MrGungho surprised me even more since he is worse then I am and he was calm as well.

Glad the youngin is ok.  Looks like the restaurant handled it well too!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:19:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Good job realizing that blowing up would have just made the situation that much worse!  Hell it was an accident. Anybody who's waited tables has dropped something on their customers at some point.  Glad the little guy's alright!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:40:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad JrGungho is OK!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:23:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Accidents happen.
As a waitress and an overprotective mom, I'd say logic and good sense prevailed for all parties on this one!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:43:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:30:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad the lil guy is ok......

Looks like you handled it well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#7]
getting all bent and yelling at people just make it worse--ask me how i know  

glad lilGH is ok  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Good job keeping his head from bouncing on the floor.
That probably would have been the worst of it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Good catch! Glad he's ok.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:50:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Glad everyone is ok.  I think the restaurant did a good job handling things.

I was at a restaurant, and we were being led to a table by the hostess, and we passed a table where a family was eating.  The little boy threw his cup of milk on the floor, and it splashed up covering me in milk.  It was easter sunday, so I had on a nice outfit and a new spring jacket.  I didn't expect anything from the restaurant, but the mother of the kid never even said a word to me.  Some people.  

My story is nothing like yours, Mrs. Gh.  Just thought I'd share.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought you were talking about your husband...crying and screaming...getting a t-shirt...calling him a lil guy....getting a stuffed animal.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Lots of people don't notice little children in crowded places.  Glad all is well now.

BTW... am I the only one whose head itches when the read the name on the post above?  Headlice!  <scratch scratch>
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Definitely glad that Lil' GH is okay!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Way to keep your cool Mr & Mrs GH.  I'm glad lilGh is all right too.  Poor little guy.  Patty
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Accidents happen, good catch keeping his head from hitting the floor.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Just an update, after talking with a couple of friends they advised me to have LilGH seen by a doc even if he wasn't showing any problems. I called yesterday but his pediatrician is out on Wednesdays and the other doc was full so we went this morning.
The doc says with what I describe of his behavior for the first 24 hours following the incident, he had a very mild concussion. He also started complaining yesterday about his elbow hurting. The doc checked that out and said he bruised it pretty good around the joint but he didn't feel it was any worse then just a bruise. Today he is full of TONS of energy and I am worn out again! It was rather peaceful when he was a little calmer yesterday, but I don't want to go through that again just for him to be calm.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Mrs.GH, I'm pleased to hear you sought med advice & equally pleased LilGH is on the mend but isn't it an ARFCOM CofC violation for failure to DRAW DOWN?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I thought you were talking about your husband...crying and screaming...getting a t-shirt...calling him a lil guy....getting a stuffed animal.

Shit I didn't think of that,.... Next time I am going to scream and cry maybe Ill get a Tshirt and Teddy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Good for you for not flippin out.
Good for the Steak house for kissing ass.
Too bad for the lawyers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit I didn't think of that,.... Next time I am going to scream and cry maybe Ill get a Tshirt and Teddy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top