Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 2:18:06 PM EDT
I have to buy a birthday present for my cousins daughter who's turning 7.  She is currently into American Girl and collects porcelain dolls.  She wants to start a mini snow globe collection but no one around here has any in stock!

Any ideas on what else I can buy for her that she can collect??  I'm dyin here and the party is Saturday!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have to buy a christmas present for my cousins daughter who's turning 7.  She is currently into American Girl and collects porcelain dolls.  She wants to start a mini snow globe collection but no one around here has any in stock!

Any ideas on what else I can buy for her that she can collect??  I'm dyin here and the party is Saturday!!

Getting a jump on the holiday shopping eh?  As far as sno globes, check out a Hallmark store in the mall.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have to buy a *birthday* present for my cousins daughter who's turning 7.  She is currently into American Girl and collects porcelain dolls.  She wants to start a mini snow globe collection but no one around here has any in stock!

Getting a jump on the holiday shopping eh?  As far as sno globes, check out a Hallmark store in the mall.

$#@$#$ hehe, I saw a million left over christmas globes, sorry

Nope, sorry, Hallmark doesn't have any in stock,
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#3]
What about a cool case of some sort to display her snow globes?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What about a cool case of some sort to display her snow globes?

Second that.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you near any type of theme park?  Sometimes they have snow globes in their gift shops.  How about the Disney store at the mall?  
Good luck!

-MrsMonk
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are you near any type of theme park?  Sometimes they have snow globes in their gift shops.  How about the Disney store at the mall?  
Good luck!

-MrsMonk

I'd feel bad giving her the case 'cause she doesn't have any right now.

The closest thing I could possibly locate any type of globe in is the gift shop at the zoo, but I'd hate to pay the $8.00 in parking just to hit the gift shop!!

I did manage to find a couple small ones at a local hobby store.  Guess they'll have to do!

I went to the disney store at the mall first and wound up calling all the other local ones..

When I worked there they had a ton of mini snow globes, but the big stores have closed and the new ones are only 1/4 of the size.  They haven't carried the minis in over a month and their normal size globes are reduced to about 1/8th of the inventory they used to have.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Drumset.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I bet she would love Littlest Pet Shop bobble heads. There are many to choose from and kind of a "collectable toy". My 8yo absolutely LOVES her collection of them.

Hit Target....QUICK!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#9]
7 year old girls like coloring and drawing, there are many art sets out there that are fun.

One of the biggest hits with my own daughter, was a girls wallet that had a 5.00 bill, 5.00 in McDonalds money, and several gift cards (They look like credit cards to her) to Target, Disney store, and Toys r us. I also put in a picture of her in the place where a drivers license would go.  She thought that was the coolest thing, having her own wallet and money!

As far as snow globes, +1 for the Disney store, or Disney online.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the suggestions guys

Hmmm, my fish gave birth tonight, even though the pet shop sold me two gauranteed "Female" fish!!  Maybe I'll just give her baby fishies, i've got 30 of the suckers!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:48:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Craft projects. We did that at Christmas for a friend of ours daughter. I found a denim purse kit with paints she could do.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:51:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I bet she would love Littlest Pet Shop bobble heads. There are many to choose from and kind of a "collectable toy". My 8yo absolutely LOVES her collection of them.

Hit Target....QUICK!!!

+1, my sister in law started collecting these last fall. She adores them and showed me her entire collection at Christmas. Yes my SIL is only 7 or 8.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:24:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Craft projects. We did that at Christmas for a friend of ours daughter. I found a denim purse kit with paints she could do.

As the mother of boys, I too am at a loss when buying for my friends' daughters...so I'll TAG this and say THANKS Mrs. WW---excellent idea!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:39:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Hmmm, my fish gave birth tonight, even though the pet shop sold me two gauranteed "Female" fish!!  Maybe I'll just give her baby fishies, i've got 30 of the suckers!

HH, count them again tonight, I bet you have half as many.  

Then count them the next night.

Pretty soon you'll have 2 or 3 babies.

Nature can be so cruel.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:44:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nature can be so cruel.

Yep, you won't have 30 when it is all done. Our fish having been having anywhere from 50-100 fish with each spawn. About a dozen have survived from each spawn.  12x3=36... that's still alot of fish!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:45:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nature can be so cruel.

Yep, you won't have 30 when it is all done. Our fish having been having anywhere from 50-100 fish with each spawn. About a dozen have survived from each spawn.  12x3=36... that's still alot of fish!

What a strange word...spawn.  Say it 2 - 3 times out loud. It loses meaning and sounds evil instead.

spawn.
spawn.
spawn.

AAAAAUGGGGHHHH!!!!

sorry...scared myself.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:47:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nature can be so cruel.

What a strange word...spawn.  Say it 2 - 3 times out loud. It loses meaning and sounds evil instead.

spawn.
spawn.
spawn.

AAAAAUGGGGHHHH!!!!

sorry...scared myself.  

lol
I agree, kinda scary either way you look at it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#20]
She killed the man who knocked her up I believe... but oh well.

There are still 30 babies.  She isn't eating them and they're staying away from her.  Only one died over the last 12 hours and it got sucked into the filter.  We've cut up a net and wrapped it around the base to keep more babies from getting sucked up into it.

I've already got homes for about 20 of them if they make it and only plan on keeping one.  I can apparently start givin 'em to their new homes in roughly 2 weeks

Spawn Spawn Spawn

Ah well..... fish "fry"'s anyone??
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:01:55 AM EDT
[#21]
My youngest answers to "Spawn."

And yes...it's scary....

On a lighter note, give her a challenge:
"Here kid. Here's 20 fish. Keep them all alive for 30 days, and I'll give you $20.00"

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nature can be so cruel.

2 1/2 days later, still got all of 'em!!  Guess mother nature is smiling upon these poor little fishies!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top