Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 3:34:14 PM EDT
I have no idea what I could get for my Absolutely Amazing AK47-loving B/F's B-Day that he would appreciate and doesn't have already. Any suggestions? Or, what questions could I ask him to find out what he doesn't have but wants without being obvious about my motives?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
7.62x39 ammo?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have no idea what I could get for my Absolutely Amazing AK47-loving B/F's B-Day that he would appreciate and doesn't have already. Any suggestions? Or, what questions could I ask him to find out what he doesn't have but wants without being obvious about my motives?

Don't mean to pry, but what kind of budget are we talking here?  You could get the English (or Russian language) version of the poster used in Russian basic training that shows the rifle in diagrams and cut-aways, on line for probably 20 dollars or less.  I recall that Boker knives makes an "AK-47" folding pocket knife with a blade like an AK's bayonet for about $170 and then of course IMHO the Cadilac of AK's, a Krebs custom AK (there's a link on these pages) for $750 and up.  It might just be me but I would think your B/F would be thrilled that you just acknowleged his interests rather than the "I thought you'd look good in this shirt" or "This teddy bear was just too cute and had you written all over it!" gift.  Another idea is an accessory (Guys accessorize-just on our cars and guns!) Even if he's "got everything", I can almost guarantee that there is something he owns that he wants to get a scope, laser, new stock set, rail, sling or drum magazine for.  All my guns are like that!  As for finding out?  Better ask the ladies hereabouts.  Guys are no good at that subtle inquisitiveness.  Hope that helped!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:10:04 AM EDT
[#3]
How about a sexy picture of you holding the AK47? I bet he would love that more then anything else. My .02
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy him an AR15. He'll see you only want what's best for him.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:09:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

++1
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No he'll be busy cleaning and oiling and worrying about headspacing when he could be shooting.  Also he can shoot cheap ammo reliably in an AK even Wolf ammo.  I suggest something from Here bound to find something to make him smile.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No he'll be busy cleaning and oiling and worrying about headspacing when he could be shooting.  Also he can shoot cheap ammo reliably in an AK even Wolf ammo.  I suggest something from Here bound to find something to make him smile.

Hey, I've put cases of wolf through my AR without cleaning--not a problem. In fact, wolf is all I put through my main carbine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Get him a AK-47/Galil MAG LULA, it's a mag loading tool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top