Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 4:08:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2006 4:08:33 PM EDT by strawberry_snaps]
I am a reletively new shooter. I learned on an AR and really like it. I just went from range shooting to field shooting; I feel pretty confident.

But my trouble comes in with the pistol. Im not doing so swell with it. Im getting 6 out of 10 on target. I have great eyes, so i know it's not that. I have tiny hands. Stong hands but very small.

i was just wondering if you experienced shooters could give me some constructive criticism. Like stance, type of pistol to look in to, ect.

Take it easy on me, please, im new at all this.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:27:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:28:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:57:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:58:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:04:14 AM EDT
A Browning Buckmark is another good "starter" pistol.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:43:01 AM EDT
Be wary of General Discussion, especially posting "dating" or "relationship topics".

Other than that, welcome!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:51:24 AM EDT
Mostly, you need to be weary of me. I'm a horrible person who will poison your mind and try to bring you over to the dark side. Trust me on this
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:59:51 AM EDT
Sight picture is very important. Slight variations will royally screw you up. .22's are great ways to learn. Practice, practice, practice, then practice some more. MJD
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:01:40 AM EDT
You might want to try shooting a pistol with a laser sight. Try to squeeze the trigger while keeping the laser dot at exactly the same spot throughout the entire trigger pull. You might want to dry fire first so you don't think about recoil. Then with live fire, do not try to make the gun fire, instead you want to try to squeeze the trigger while keeping a constant sight picture, or the laser dot on the same spot. If you pull the trigger with the sole intention of making the gun fire, you will jerk it. It should surprise you when the gun does fire. It will become second nature to do it this way eventually.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:46:41 AM EDT
Thanks for the advise and welcome. I will seriously look in to what yall have advised.

I've learned much about GD!!!! But considering it was my first thread, i think it went fairly well. even though they think i am a guy (clean_cut). It was interesting to see the responses

Thanks again
Top Top