Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 1:08:40 AM EDT
it was brought up by a non-shooting female to me as to why there wasnt things like tatical vests and such in colors like red, blue, green, pink etc.. i know most men wouldent be intrested in such things but i was wondering if the Female population of ARFCOM would like this type of thing..

i have seen bARbie-15's and Silver/pink AKs on this board so it was just a thought.

Jess

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:42:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Not me. Being uncle trained me I prefer the conventional gear.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:59:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't like it and I wasn't trained by Uncle Sam.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:44:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it is more attractive when I get myself all girlie and then put on some traditional camo.  I once bought army green silk ribbon to wear in my pig tails and it matched my camo...
my guy, phil_in_seattle, liked it quite a bit.

I am already a girl with a gun.  I don't need any cutsie gear to go with it.  

But I DO like those baby blue CCW purses...  But that is for public.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmm I dunno, I believe that could be pimped.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

what could be pimped?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
<snip> I am already a girl with a gun.  I don't need any cutsie gear to go with it.  <snip>

+1  

if I'm gonna go hunting (or God forbid, need to be tactical in a SHTF situation), I really don't think a blue or red accessory will help...  camo or black for me, thanks.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Ick, no cutsie stuff for me. All about function over fashion. To each their own though, I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what could be pimped?

Colorful gear for womens.  Some people out there will buy anything
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I love Halloween, they could be used for a Halloween-themed shoot.

I could see all the guys dressed as the gangsta boys, mafia boys, pimps, bloods, crips...  

Jeez, I'm picturing some of the guys I know, wearing their pants below their tooshies....  it's a great visual!

Anyway, girls could wear the pink stuff, add a feather boa and such....   It would be the funniest shoot ever.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I could see all the guys dressed as the gangsta boys, mafia boys, pimps, bloods, crips...  

Jeez, I'm picturing some of the guys I know, wearing their pants below their tooshies....  it's a great visual!

Anyway, girls could wear the pink stuff, add a feather boa and such....   It would be the funniest shoot ever.

You've put too much thought into that
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've put too much thought into that

would be kinda funny, depending on the age group of the guys, i'd be able to see what some of my friends will look like then
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Yikes. No colors please. The whole point is functionality - not color coordination.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Well ladys your all after my own heart i just thought it would be worth a check..

thank you for your Input.

by some random chance is there anything you would like to see?

Jess
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#14]
As far as tactical gear?

How about a truly comfortable thigh holster. Something in lace perhaps, but can still hold the weapon in place with no worries...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:25:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
As far as tactical gear?

How about a truly comfortable thigh holster. Something in lace perhaps, but can still hold the weapon in place with no worries...

Holy crap!  I could hear all the faint "thwap, thwap, thwap..." noises in the distance as 1 by 1 each male member of ARFCOM just fell out of their chairs all over the country after reading that.

+1 on the lace... could be fun.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
As far as tactical gear?

Take this:

and add some lace and ribbon.  Compliment it with a satin waist strap, belt hook, or vertical suspender strap

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Not me. Being uncle trained me I prefer the conventional gear.

Yup...Besides, I make drab look good
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:33:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Um, no thanks.  Conventional is the way to go. `

ETA:  Sig, it's not a thigh holster, but someone posted this pic awhile back.  Actually, I think it might have been you.

www.mydivadesigns.com/Pink-Lace-Holster.gif

Would be prettier in black.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#20]
The boyfriend keeps teasing me about putting pink furniture on my AR.  I keep trying to tell him I prefer basic black.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Yep. I love basic black as well!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:38:55 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As far as tactical gear?

Holy crap!  I could hear all the faint "thwap, thwap, thwap..." noises in the distance as 1 by 1 each male member of ARFCOM just fell out of their chairs all over the country after reading that.

+1 on the lace... could be fun.

*thud* damn if i could make that without blushing a coupple of times i probably would.. future wife is goina have one as a garter i can tel you that much...

thanks for the Idea... too bad i dont have anyone that could model this for me...

anyway i'm exiting stage left now..

Jess
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top