Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 6:17:43 AM EDT
God Bless you all.  Happy New Year.  Patty
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Back at ya Patty and all the other fine ladies here. (And you men too who wonder in here with us)
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:38:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Happy New Year, Patty...And the rest of you wonderful folks.

Aww...I'm feeling generous...Happy New Year to all the crappy folks, too!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:06:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:18:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Back at ya Patty and all the other fine ladies here. (And you men too who wonder in here with us)

Thanks...

Have a great 1 ladies.....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:46:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Everyone stay safe tonight, and don't forget your Black Eyed Peas tomorrow!

Ham and collards, too!

I forgot to eat them last year.  Lets just say I will NEVER make that mistake again.

Happy New Year Everyone!  

ETA:  Thank you all for being so welcoming.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Happy New Year everyone.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#7]

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

<clueless> Is this a Southern thing???

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Happy New Year!

So when do you think people will start saying the year as 20 06 (twenty 06)? Instead of 2 thousand 6?  There are a only a select few on tv that say it that way. You know we never said 19 thousand ninety five (1995)!!

Oh well, happy 2006!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:08:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank you Patty, a day late!

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:39:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Happy New Year!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:52:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure if this is a 'southern thing' but it probably is.  The menu for New Years is suppose to include black-eyed peas for luck, cabbage or greens for wealth, cake for sweetness and hog jowls for health.  I don't understand the last one at all because it is probably one of the unhealthiest things you could possibly eat.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure if this is a 'southern thing' but it probably is.  The menu for New Years is suppose to include black-eyed peas for luck, cabbage or greens for wealth, cake for sweetness and hog jowls for health.  I don't understand the last one at all because it is probably one of the unhealthiest things you could possibly eat.

my mom makes cabbage with a penny (Irish thing her grandmother used to do)

you are supposed to only put ONE penny in the dish and whoever gets the penny is going to have wealth in the New Year--my mom likes everthing to be super fair, so she puts a penny for each person in the pot and then fishes around in the cabbage to be sure everyone gets one on their plate
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Happy New Year!

So when do you think people will start saying the year as 20 06 (twenty 06)? Instead of 2 thousand 6?  There are a only a select few on tv that say it that way. You know we never said 19 thousand ninety five (1995)!!

Oh well, happy 2006!

I've been wanting to call it 'ought 6' [spelling?] like the old timers used to say "Back in .06" or a double ought 6 rifle.

Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top