Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:29:42 AM EDT
I love the holidays and all that comes with it. The closer we get to the big day though the more I feel I am about to break. This year has been especially hard. My brother came out early for the funeral and has decided to just stay (why make a trip to IN from PA then go back, just to return 3 days later) So I have spent all the days I have needed this past week to finish my stuff, spending time with my brother. Santa hasn't wrapped his presents, I still have a few left to wrap too. And I went overboard on my Moms and GHs Moms christmas gift. A photo album of lilGH from birth to date. Does anyone have time to go thru at least 100 discs of photos to sort out the good ones and the bad? I need this to be done by Thursday night (shit that is tonight) as Christmas with my Mom is Friday. Ok so instead of sitting here surfing the web, I should be doing that. I have to clean lilGH's room out completely, he got a new bed set for christmas from a very close friend. It has a slide, a tent and is really cool. (I'll post pics when we get it set up) It was the bed or a 4-wheeler, at almost 3 years old, I figured the bed was a safer bet. Ok thank you for letting me rant. I am off to go thru more discs of the lilgh.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:05:25 AM EDT
Good luck, MrsGh. The holidays will be over soon. Try to relax, it will get better. Enjoy the time with family.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:18:13 AM EDT
B-R-E-A-T-H-E

Then drink Vodka...

Works for me...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:32:36 AM EDT
ok, so I got the discs back out and found I had been thru almost 2/3rds of them. Then when I was finished, I had to many pictures to print out for the album. So I deleted a few (Like 75 and still had 200 to print off) The last disc is burning (thought they would like a disc of it too) and I will be off to a Walmart or such to have them printed shortly. It's getting there! Now I have a bedroom and presents to work on.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:22:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:38:47 AM EDT
did you know you can do walmart pix online?? then you will just have to pic them up and its cheaper

walmart photo online
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:14:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:00:14 AM EDT
Do like I do Mrs GH.......just keep chanting......it's almost over, it's almost over, it's almost over
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:39:05 AM EDT
Thank You so much ladies. This morning brings a brighter MrsGH. I got quite a bit done yesterday and I feel better. Santa still needs to wrap, but I got mine all done MrsG. I can't not wrap Santas stuff, the girls expect it now after 18 & 15 years, so lilGH gets it too.

DC, I tried to do it the easy way and send them to walmart online, my pc is setup not to allow the download I needed to d/l all of the pics at once. Have you ever sat here and tried to d/l 200 pics, one at a time? LilGH had a nice lunch out at the McD's across the street.

GL, I am chanting, I am chanting!

We got the bed all set up, the photo albums are all done now it is pretty much easy stuff. Going to my Mom & Dads today, MrGH Dads on Sunday and his Moms one day next week.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:02:03 AM EDT
MrsG I would recommend just doing the best you can on the pages you can and then for additional gifts along the way fill in the other gaps. A nice page here and there just to show you care will be very nice.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas. You're one of the nicest women in the world.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:12:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MrsGloftoe:
Santa does not wrap presents! Make this rule now and you'll be much happier later on. Hang in there, hon.

a HUGE YUP!!!!!

My mom and Dad set that standard...and I chose to not mess with it!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:58:33 AM EDT
I just finished my shopping at lunch today. PHEW.

Now I can relax...for tonight...I DRINK!!!

wait..I'll be drinking all weekend, who am I kidding?

haha.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:04:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:19:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tweak:
Iv still got to buy presents

you'd best get your ass to the store, Tweak.

Gift cards can be your best friend!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:06:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tweak:
Iv still got to buy presents

Tweak, you are not the only one. As we were coming home from my folks today (the photo album was a huge success too BTW) we passed a mall, not a parking place in sight. It looked that way every place we passed tonight. Thankfully I was just passing thru and didn't have to stop.

Patty thank you
Top Top