Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

It's not a matter of protection OR coddling.  It's a matter of respect.  Just because a lot of the women here are 'tougher', doesn't mean we deserve to be treated like trash off the streets, even in the Pit.  I've said some off color things over in the Pit, but I'm not about to lower myself to a point where things I say would make a sailor blush.  To me, that's low class, no matter who it's directed towards, male or female.

Exactly Sp1!  Well said
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Some of you are totally missing the entire point of the Bear Pit which is where this took place:

reading are fundamental.

Bear Pit = rough and tumble ribbing. If you can't stand the heat...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Some of you are totally missing the entire point of the Bear Pit which is where this took place:

www.whiskeytangofoxtrotover.com/images/warning.jpg

reading are fundamental.

And some of you don't read the thread in it's entirety.

I wasn't referring to what was said in the Pit.  I was referring to the site in general.

I have seen the "C" word used in GD, and in Team.  I generally don't even go into the pit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

reading are fundamental.

Hello...Don't you get it?

None of us complained. Nobody went crying to staff...We all UNDERSTAND that anything goes in the bear pit. However, it was a very vulger and disrespectful comment to be made towards women, and any man who would use it towards a female team member has serious issues.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

reading are fundamental.

And some of you don't read the entire thread in it's entirety.

I wasn't referring to what was said in the Pit.  I was referring to the site in general.

I have seen the "C" word used in GD, and in Team.  I generally don't even go into the pit.

I read it. I just wasn't talking to you.

This thread is a result of what happened in the pit:

General •   Women Shooters •  It's official, ladies (The Bear Pit)--   (Page 1

4xys2xxs, my comments are not being made just for the fairer sex's benefit. I know several of you get it even though some of you are bitching via the after action report.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
LOL......

some of you guys and your feeling the need to over-coddle these women posters here cracks me up.  its no secret that this is a prodominantly male site, and it is also no big secret that when you have 70,000 GUYS in one place.....a woman in the same place MIGHT just catch some flack...ESPECIALLY in the pit......so..... (shrug)

TBK, you are either the most hopelessly romantic guy on the planet, or you are the brown-nosingest fella ive ever encountered when it comes to women....i havent figured out which.

I think there is a big difference between coddling, and showing respect for ladies here.

showing respect is up to an individual, and that individual is responsible for their own actions...but do you REALLY think the women here need "protection" ?? LOL...thats absurd.  the women here are all tough customers just to be here, and its no suprise to them i'm sure at some of the things that can be said to or about them here just as they can be said to or about other male members.  hello.....the 50s called...they want their double-standards and lop-sided views back.  

It's not a matter of protection OR coddling.  It's a matter of respect.  Just because a lot of the women here are 'tougher', doesn't mean we deserve to be treated like trash off the streets, even in the Pit.  I've said some off color things over in the Pit, but I'm not about to lower myself to a point where things I say would make a sailor blush.  To me, that's low class, no matter who it's directed towards, male or female.

i agree w/ most of your statement, but what I'M getting at is....EVERYONE deserves respect.....not just the women around here.  it makes me sick to see how some of these guys around here kiss certain female posters asses just because they are female.  reminds me of something i said to a female friend once who was always whining about equality for women.  "you want equality in your so-called man's world....then i'll treat you like a man...like one of the guys"  and she didnt like it......so what do you want to be "treated like a lady" or "equality"  and thats not directed at you SP1, thats jut the way i feel and what i like to say when i hear people talking about being treated like a lady and then in the very next sentence talk about women's rights.  double standards??
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Flame suit on

There is no reason for this thread to turn into anything beyond its intended purpose--a simple heads-up to the ladies.  Perhaps they already knew this, but I didn't, so I'm ASSuming at least some didn't know.  

I didn't "KNOW" ... however, I pretty much figured.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

4xys2xxs, my comments are not being made just for the fairer sex's benefit. I know several of you get it even though some of you are bitching via the after action report.

We are allowed to express our thoughts about that word being used towards us.

I think it is very offensive, disrespectful, and vulgar. I am still amazed that a man would use that word towards a female arfcom member, and mother of 6.

Just because you CAN say something, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#13]
This is getting old, isn't it. Seems the best course would be for those of you who are offended by a word to stay out of the Pit and leave it at that.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Why is this like pulling teeth with you guys?  You'll argue paint off a wall, just because you can.

Haven't visited the Religion forum yet, have ya?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought the ladies did just fine at dealing with one particular individual

Quoted:
It's not a matter of protection OR coddling.  It's a matter of respect.  

Good luck finding that around here.

Quoted:
Why is this like pulling teeth with you guys?  You'll argue paint off a wall, just because you can.

Thats because there are a bunch of whiney little girls around here, most of which claim to be men.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are allowed to express our thoughts about that word being used towards us.

I think it is very offensive, disrespectful, and vulgar. I am still amazed that a man would use that word towards a female arfcom member, and mother of 6.

Just because you CAN say something, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

DING! DING! DING!

LOL.....hello Pot...this is Kettle....YOURE BLACK!

you know i'm kidding.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I thought the ladies did just fine at dealing with one particular individual

Quoted:
It's not a matter of protection OR coddling.  It's a matter of respect.  

Good luck finding that around here.

We're not talking about the AZ forum Lumpy
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm so sick of hearing about the "equality" thing with regards to women.   I think it's you men that are making it a double standard, not the women.  

All women wanted (most women anyway) was equal pay for the same work, and being able to vote.  Being treated like a human being, really.  Why is it that in order to get THAT, we have to do away with being a "lady", and being treated as one?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#19]
GAH...People..Beekeep issued the warning...it's been heeded. I'll post in the pit whenever I damn well feel like it...and if some fool decides to toss the C bomb in my direction, I can guarentee I'll accomodate him
<smiles sweetly>
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Everyone knew this.

Why it even needs to be brought up is a mystery to me.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

But I do find it funny, as I consider THAT WORD to be a racist comment towards women. .

What race are women exactly?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
GAH...People..Beekeep issued the warning...it's been heeded. I'll post in the pit whenever I damn well feel like it...and if some fool decides to toss the C bomb in my direction, I can guarentee I'll accomodate him
<smiles sweetly>

Why did that sentence give me a dirty thought?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Gotta link?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'm so sick of hearing about the "equality" thing with regards to women.   I think it's you men that are making it a double standard, not the women.  

All women wanted (most women anyway) was equal pay for the same work, and being able to vote.  Being treated like a human being, really.  Why is it that in order to get THAT, we have to do away with being a "lady", and being treated as one?

And censorship for when your feeling get hurt over a little word.

Don't forget that one.

And no, I would never call a woman by that word.  But if you want equal rights then don't bitch when you people treat you equally.

Sgat1r5

PS  And if we had equal rights there wouldn't BE a woman's forum.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<smiles sweetly>

Why did that sentence give me a dirty thought?

Thank you for playing along...you're now on the top 10 list of people whom I KNOW will pick up where I leave off..........

Not making light of the whole thing (don't think that I don't dislike the word) and I DO think it's the lowest thing a man can say to a woman...but <<sigh>> some  will say anything for the shock value. I usually go for the innuendo "is she saying what I think she's saying?" or for the downright dirty laugh. Some people aren't talented enough for that. Pity them...I do...right before I make them sorry for being stupid.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#28]
More crybaby BS on this site these days,,,,,,,,........

JESUS H Christ...........now crying over something that was said in the PIT?????

Did someone get banned for something that was said in the pit?

I wont re-up my membership if it happens.................Place is starting to resemble DU with it's policies
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Somebody tell my pedantic ass to STFU.

<gets real low to the ground>

STFU!

No reason to thank me, I rather enjoyed it

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
For those of you just tuning in, this is the womens' forum, which is why there are so many women here discussing the issue.  Hello!

And?

Your point?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:14:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And?

Your point?

I directed my remark for those just tuning in, as it appears a couple of gentlemen stumbled upon this thread and did not realize where it was posted.  

As for me, I'm going to step out of here because I am grouchy tonight.

SO am I....can I join you?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
More crybaby BS on this site these days,,,,,,,,........

JESUS H Christ...........now crying over something that was said in the PIT?????

Did someone get banned for something that was said in the pit?

I wont re-up my membership if it happens.................Place is starting to resemble DU with it's policies

Did you even read this thread before posting?

NO
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#44]

What was said in the pit was just flat out, in-excusably rude and all too harsh.

BUT, while we are on the subject of no-no's, can anyone tell me a word, used for a male that is as powerfull or derogatory as the "N" or "C" words?  I honestly cant think of one or have read one int he pit yet!  I'm not arguing, but just curious.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotta link?

Sgat1r5

Well there was the time that sight staff used it toward a female member, and still has not made ammends
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top