2 eggs
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
4 c. flour

Mix together everything above except for the flour. Then, beat in the flour and knead. If the dough is too soft to roll, add more flour.

Roll it out to 1/4 to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with pie pan or plate. Bake on a cookie sheet for 400 degrees. Use cooked dried apples or applesauce as a filling. Spread on layers as you like.

Makes 5-6 mmmm mmmm good layers.

Bellona, do you mean frosting where you wrote "filling".  I'm unsure what there is to fill.  Also, how long do you cook it for?

I usually spread some homemade applesauce embellished with some cinnamon in between the layers, so I guess I did mean frosting v. filling.  

Also, I bake for around 20 minutes--give or take a few.

Thanks for catching these!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Old Fashioned Molasses Stack Cake

1/2 c. shortening
1 c. white sugar
1 c. molasses
2 eggs
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
4 c. flour

Mix together everything above except for the flour. Then, beat in the flour and knead. If the dough is too soft to roll, add more flour.

Roll it out to 1/4 to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with pie pan or plate. Bake on a cookie sheet for 400 degrees. Use cooked dried apples or applesauce as a filling. Spread on layers as you like.

Makes 5-6 mmmm mmmm good layers.

Bellona, do you mean frosting where you wrote "filling".  I'm unsure what there is to fill.  Also, how long do you cook it for?

I usually spread some homemade applesauce embellished with some cinnamon in between the layers, so I guess I did mean frosting v. filling.  

Also, I bake for around 20 minutes--give or take a few.

Thanks for catching these!

Girl, you have a major baking fetish... I like that in a person.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Veal Chops

Start out with some thick cut chops. In this case 3.

I brine my meat because it gives it a good flavor and the meat retains it's juices during the cooking process.

Brine:

1 cup of Kolsher salt
1/4 cup of sugar
2 quarts of water

Soak the chops for 2 hours.

Next I pre heat the oven to 425 deg.

Before they go into the oven you need to pan sear them. I start by searing them on end to make sure the meat near the bone gets done:

Once you've seared all sides throw them in the oven in a preheated dish

While in the oven I deglaze the pan and saute up some mushrooms:

Next I ready the plate. I prepare a bed of arugula. A little high quality olive oil, balsamic vinegar and frshluy grated IMPORTED parmesean cheese:

Cook the veal until an instant ready thermometer reads 115 deg. Don't worry it will continue to cook and the temperature will rise because you need to let the meat rest for 5 to 10 minutes. This allows the juices to re distribute. This is a very important step!

Now the ambiance:

Prepare the plate:

Serve the dinner:

Savor the dinner:

That's it....oh...here is where I do my cooking:

Bomber

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#4]
You sure do know how to eat well... looks great. I guess there wasn't room for dessert?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#5]
tag
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top