Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2003 6:24:11 PM EDT
Question for the women shooters:  Do any of you wear a shooting jacket when shooting high power rifles?  If so, what kind?  What do you recommend?  And where do you get them?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:24:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry,I can't help you there. As I don't wear a Shooting Jacket. Although I am sure we can get you that info from somewhere!

Mona
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
no shooting jacket, just my new hoodie

sorry no help
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#3]
hope ya dont mind a little help from a guy, you should ask the guys on the competition board since shooting jackets are really used in comp target shooting, which i assume is what you want it for.
www.champchoice.com/
go here and order up a catalog, they should have jackets to fit women/kids. as a youngin i had a jacket made by bob allen co., they make some good quality shooting equipment, so i wouldnt hesitate to get another.
there are 2 kinds -- soft back and hard back, the hard back is the all leather kind with adjustments straps and is mostly for hardcore serious target shooters. the other is the all fabric soft back that buttons up the front, and is much cheaper.
another route is to maybe get a surplus military jacket from a gun show. -- HTH
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:43:28 AM EDT
[#4]
No I don't mind help from a guy! And yes I do want the jacket for comp shooting. I shoot an AR and also just got my first Garand through the CMP program. I've done nothing but eat, sleep, and think shooting since!!! I didn't know there was a competition board - where is it?  And the gun show idea is great too - my honey and I will be going to a big one in January, I'll look there. And thanks for the catalog info too.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:48:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Swan Hunter,
See,told ya someone could help ya! some of the Guys are great about that!

Thank you Garand1911 for posting that!
Mona
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]
swan, did you find this forum??

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=10
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank ya kindly!!  Lots of info there! It is now bookmarked as a "favorites".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top