Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2017 11:49:36 AM EDT
My wife just told me about this. She has very thin hair-- EXTREMELY thin hair in fact. She has had a little luck with the hair regrowth treatments (essentially Rogaine) but a lady at a hair salon told her to use olive oil. And it works! Her hair is much thicker and longer than I've ever seen it. And she's been using it for about 6-8 months.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My wife just told me about this. She has very thin hair-- EXTREMELY thin hair in fact. She has had a little luck with the hair regrowth treatments (essentially Rogaine) but a lady at a hair salon told her to use olive oil. And it works! Her hair is much thicker and longer than I've ever seen it. And she's been using it for about 6-8 months.
View Quote

I heard this works even better:

Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:27:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Being a retired barber I may be able to shed some light on hair growth.

If no hair is growing in a given area, and it started growing in the papilla today, depending on your hair's growth rate it would take 60 to 90 days for it to grow to the surface of your skin.  You still would not see it as it must be beyond the surface of your skin to see it.

The only non-drug method that I have ever seen work in regrowing hair is a daily 15 minute scalp massage.  Once it starts growing, you MUST KEEP MASSAGING your scalp!  If you quit the massaging the hair will quit growing.

Hair is made up of carbon, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen and sulfur that is filtered out of your blood stream by the papilla in the base of the hair follicle.  If you increase the blood circulation you will increase hair growth.  Scalp massage increases blood circulation through the papilla.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Menopause has been a bitch to my hair. I've been taking Folic Acid and it has helped. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of women's hair loss is due to hormone imbalance or it happens often after serious illness and recovery. Usually the key to getting your locks back on track is a few simple bloodwork tests!
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 4:31:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I hadn't heard of using olive oil in this way, however, omega-3 fatty acids (such as in fish oil) are highly recommended.  A supplement, or increase in salmon consumption might do the trick.

Also, natural shampoos and conditioners with Biotin in them have been effective at thickening hair and promoting scalp health.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I hard horrible hair lose after my last baby.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top