Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/11/2010 3:01:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2010 3:07:50 PM EDT by Avandir]
I've been talking to this chick for about a week. Everything was going good, we hit off pretty well. I finally asked her out on a date and (gasp!) she said yes. Another day goes by and we start planning it out.

I've recently come home from Iraq and have yet to get a car so going to her was out of the question. I outlined the plan which would involve her traveling about 2 hours south. I told her I'd pick up all her expenses plus lunch/dinner etc. After I told her how far she'd have to travel, she stopped talking to me and removed me from Facebook. Just bam, one minute we're texting back and forth and now we haven't spoken to eachother in two days. I sent her a text yesterday asking if we were still on but there was never any reply.

So, ladies of ARFcom. How far have you traveled to meet a guy and was I out of line in asking her to drive the two hours to me?
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 3:06:40 PM EDT
in out of curiosity
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 3:09:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 3:28:52 PM EDT
About 45 minutes. But that's only because I want to be able to be close to the guy I am dating.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 3:54:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Avandir:
I've been talking to this chick for about a week. Everything was going good, we hit off pretty well. I finally asked her out on a date and (gasp!) she said yes. Another day goes by and we start planning it out.

I've recently come home from Iraq and have yet to get a car so going to her was out of the question. I outlined the plan which would involve her traveling about 2 hours south. I told her I'd pick up all her expenses plus lunch/dinner etc. After I told her how far she'd have to travel, she stopped talking to me and removed me from Facebook. Just bam, one minute we're texting back and forth and now we haven't spoken to eachother in two days. I sent her a text yesterday asking if we were still on but there was never any reply.

So, ladies of ARFcom. How far have you traveled to meet a guy and was I out of line in asking her to drive the two hours to me?

Ouch. Not to make light of this, but she wasn't worth it anyways brother.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 4:00:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Seiran:

Yep, her loss.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 4:11:37 PM EDT

Yep, her loss.

Indeed. And in case it hasn't been mentioned before, Thanks for your service sir.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 4:40:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2010 4:42:57 PM EDT by zomgpenguins]
Maybe you should've waited until you got a car. But honestly, I've never traveled anywhere to purposely meet a guy despite how much I liked him or vice versa.. except for meeting my boyfriend for lunch or something like that, but I don't think that's what you meant. I mean, I can understand where she is coming from, but at the same time, she probably should've talked to you about it or told you why she didn't want to do it instead of just ignoring you altogether. Your best bet is to move on.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 7:06:02 PM EDT
To meet a guy? Walking distance.
To see a guy? My personal record currently holds at 1200 miles.

Oh, the things we do for love.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 9:41:31 PM EDT
Hrm... First few dates like your example? - hard to say.
I typically would go roughly 30 -60 mins probably.

But I'm weird and prefer to meet far away from my "comfort zone".
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 3:10:22 AM EDT
To meet a guy? Halfway.

To see my guy? Dallas to DC, straight though, twenty-three hours. I was young. I missed him.

Jane
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 8:56:11 AM EDT
1032 miles.
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 9:37:34 AM EDT
She might have freaked a little that you didn't have a car but if she was cool she would understand why- I would travel all day to see the right guy- it wasn't you it was HER!
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 11:57:17 AM EDT
Mike lived two hours away when we met. We spent every weekend together, rain or shine, until we moved in together after a few months.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 8:22:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2010 8:22:57 PM EDT by habsfan44]
had a boyfriend at FSU while I was OU in college. about a 13 hr drive and 1000 miles. Although we met at an afrotc annual conference that was held in OKC that year. so our first date was walking distance
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 3:04:27 PM EDT
i clicked two or more hours before i read the whole thread––hubby and i lived about two hrs apart while we were dating

for a first meeting? maybe an hour or, like someone said, half way
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 5:48:42 AM EDT
Boyfriend and I were 400 miles apart when we first started dating. On our first date, we actually discussed how long-distance relationships are something neither of us would probably ever get into.

We live together now and it's been 4 years as of July.. I guess you never know.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:07:23 AM EDT
I live in NOLA and I flew myself out to Lawton OK twice, on my dime to see a man I'd never met in person. I'd do it again.

Two hours drive is nothing. She probably just wanted to flirt and never meet. You're lucky you didn't have to meet her, she probably had a lot more wrong with her than just being a rude bitch who cuts off contact without warning.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:33:48 AM EDT
I was living on campus at a private school near Oklahoma City and met a guy in the city that lived about 2 hours away. Spent two hours and all my laundry quarters on toll roads to go see him most weekends. He never even offered to let me do my laundry at his place.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:54:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BigeasySnow:
I live in NOLA and I flew myself out to Lawton OK twice, on my dime to see a man I'd never met in person. I'd do it again.

Two hours drive is nothing. She probably just wanted to flirt and never meet. You're lucky you didn't have to meet her, she probably had a lot more wrong with her than just being a rude bitch who cuts off contact without warning.

You flew to a guy you never met before & would do it again you say?

Have I mentioned how good looking I am lately?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:47:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Spartanatheart:

What can I say? I had a great time.

You're cute, but I think I'd break you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:59:29 PM EDT

If you mean my bank account, well that's par the course for women.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:18:46 PM EDT
Not the bank account brother
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:21:40 PM EDT
Not the bank account brother

Well I grew up on a farm & could beat Halo 2 on Legendary, so I'm saying Vegas odds are that I could handle it.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:56:16 PM EDT

I'm very easy on the bank account, but... <pinhead> I'll tear your soul appart</pinhead>.

If you mean my bank account, well that's par the course for women.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:01:41 PM EDT
I'm very easy on the bank account, but... <pinhead> I'll tear your soul appart</pinhead>.

Don't they all.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:01:54 PM EDT
Snowy, you're so awesome
Top Top