Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2017 2:44:32 PM EDT
I have 2 examples I'd like an opinion on. We'd recovered from storage auctions about 2 years ago that also had legit German WW2 items that were easy to legitimize. Kept these items around and haven't taken the time to search their providence. I'll get pics later. They are either European, Viking, or possibly middle eastern.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#1]
When in England the first castle I visited had a sword collection.  One of the staff said they knew that some were centuries old and others were modern reproductions which had been 'antiqued' and would try to guess which.  Said they got someone in to authenticate them and found that their guesses were wrong in every case.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
OP, I believe...provenance...is the word you're looking for.  Interesting thread though.  Hope you get to the bottom of their origins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top